* howto open attachment directory in external program?
@ 2010-06-17 22:48 Kestutis Matonis
From: Kestutis Matonis @ 2010-06-17 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

in .mailcap i have set-upped:

inode/directory-locked; pcmanfm2 '%s';
inode/directory; pcmanfm2 '%s';
text/directory; pcmanfm2 '%s';

but when I'm trying to open attachments directory, it is still opened in emacs.

* Re: howto open attachment directory in external program?
@ 2010-06-18 19:29 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-06-18 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kestutis Matonis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Kestutis Matonis <matonisk@gmail.com> writes:

> in .mailcap i have set-upped:
>
> inode/directory-locked; pcmanfm2 '%s';
> inode/directory; pcmanfm2 '%s';
> text/directory; pcmanfm2 '%s';
>
> but when I'm trying to open attachments directory, it is still opened
> in emacs.

I'm not sure why org-attach is not respecting the mailcap settings. But
for a simple solution you could add a setting to org-file-apps:

(add-to-list 'org-file-apps '(directory . "pcmanfm2"))

Best,
Matt

* Re: howto open attachment directory in external program?
@ 2010-06-18 19:32   ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2010-06-18 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kestutis Matonis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:

> Kestutis Matonis <matonisk@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> in .mailcap i have set-upped:
>>
>> inode/directory-locked; pcmanfm2 '%s';
>> inode/directory; pcmanfm2 '%s';
>> text/directory; pcmanfm2 '%s';
>>
>> but when I'm trying to open attachments directory, it is still opened
>> in emacs.
>
> I'm not sure why org-attach is not respecting the mailcap settings. But
> for a simple solution you could add a setting to org-file-apps:
>
> (add-to-list 'org-file-apps '(directory . "pcmanfm2"))

Oops. The above line should read:

(add-to-list 'org-file-apps '(directory . "pcmanfm2 %s"))

Hope this helps.
Matt