* Parsing org files with python
@ 2011-04-23 15:29 Georges Racinet
From: Georges Racinet @ 2011-04-23 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

I'm a quite recent user of org-mode (just a few months, very partial
usage for now), and a python developer.
Since I spend almost all my time in Emacs, org-mode is the most
efficient tool to keep track of my working time.

Now the question : are you aware of a python library to parse org files ?
The ultimate goal would be to write an importer for OpenERP, which is
itself written in python, and of course I'd prefer not to reinvent the
wheel.

A simple search on the web returned a project called OrgNode or orgtils,
hosted at Google Code :
 http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/orgnode.html
 http://code.google.com/p/orgtils/
but it lacks as far as I can tell the capability of understanding CLOCK
markers and is not published on pypi.python.org either.

Perhaps is the author on this list, too ? Are there other known
libraries around that may prove useful ?

Being quite new to this game, I could be mistaken, but it doesn't seem
to have anything to do with org-babel, right ?

And please, don't hesitate to tell if this ain't the right mailing-list
for that kind of question :-)

Cheers

--
Georges Racinet, http://www.racinet.fr
Zope/CPS expertise, assistance & development

* Re: Parsing org files with python
@ 2011-04-23 15:58 ` Juan Pechiar
From: Juan Pechiar @ 2011-04-23 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Georges Racinet; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

NEO (No Emacs Org) has just been announced:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-04/msg00598.html

Regards,
.j.

@ 2011-04-23 16:18   ` Georges Racinet
From: Georges Racinet @ 2011-04-23 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 04/23/2011 05:58 PM, Juan Pechiar wrote:
> NEO (No Emacs Org) has just been announced:
>
>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-04/msg00598.html

Ah, indeed, should have searched the archives in reverse chronological order

Thanks, and sorry for the noise

--

@ 2011-04-23 16:24 ` Jonathan BISSON
From: Jonathan BISSON @ 2011-04-23 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

You have PyOrgMode also (https://github.com/bjonnh/PyOrgMode)

* Re: Parsing org files with python
@ 2011-04-23 22:48   ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-04-23 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan BISSON; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jonathan BISSON <bissonjonathan@gmail.com> writes:

> You have PyOrgMode also (https://github.com/bjonnh/PyOrgMode)

And there is a list of the various tools on Worg:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tools/index.html

Best,
Matt