* Troubles with custom agenda commands
@ 2012-09-13 12:02 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-09-13 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

Trying to write my own custom agenda commands, I face a couple of weird
behaviors.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
               '("S" "Summary Review"
                 ((agenda "")
                  (todo ""))
                 ((org-agenda-time-grid nil)
                  (org-agenda-clockreport-mode nil)
                  (org-deadline-warning-days 0))))
#+end_src

Having the above (which is correct, AFAICT from following the tutorial on
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-custom-agenda-commands.html):

1. When getting to the agenda dispatcher (`C-c a'), I see:

   S   Summary Review: set of 3 commands

  while I only have... 2 commands (`agenda' and `todo'). Why?

2. When firing it up (`C-c a' followed by `S'), I get the 2 blocks I was
   expecting, but also an error:

   Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *Org Agenda(S)*>

Can you confirm this?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Troubles with custom agenda commands
@ 2012-09-18  7:10 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-18  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Sébastien,

"Sebastien Vauban"
<wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw@public.gmane.org> writes:

> 1. When getting to the agenda dispatcher (`C-c a'), I see:
>
>    S   Summary Review: set of 3 commands
>
>   while I only have... 2 commands (`agenda' and `todo'). Why?

This is a bug, fixed.  Thanks for spotting this!

> 2. When firing it up (`C-c a' followed by `S'), I get the 2 blocks I was
>    expecting, but also an error:
>
>    Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *Org Agenda(S)*>

I guess this is a problem with some hooks trying to modify the buffer,
please let me know if this happens again.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Troubles with custom agenda commands
@ 2012-09-19 19:20   ` Sebastien Vauban
       [not found]     ` <804nmt95wa.fsf-oHC15RC7JGTNLxjTenLetw@public.gmane.org>
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-09-19 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban"
> <wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw@public.gmane.org> writes:
>
>> 1. When getting to the agenda dispatcher (`C-c a'), I see:
>>
>>    S   Summary Review: set of 3 commands
>>
>>   while I only have... 2 commands (`agenda' and `todo'). Why?
>
> This is a bug, fixed.  Thanks for spotting this!

Tested. Confirmed OK.

>> 2. When firing it up (`C-c a' followed by `S'), I get the 2 blocks I was
>>    expecting, but also an error:
>>
>>    Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *Org Agenda(S)*>
>
> I guess this is a problem with some hooks trying to modify the buffer,
> please let me know if this happens again.

It does not anymore, and I've changed some settings as well in my .emacs. It
could have been some local customization. Cancelled!

Thanks!

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* [BUG] Re: Troubles with custom agenda commands
       [not found]     ` <804nmt95wa.fsf-oHC15RC7JGTNLxjTenLetw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2013-09-11 11:04       ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-09-11 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ-wOFGN7rlS/M9smdsby/KFg

Hi Bastien,

"Sebastien Vauban" wrote:
> Bastien wrote:
>> "Sebastien Vauban" writes:
>>
>>> When getting to the agenda dispatcher (`C-c a'), I see:
>>>
>>>    S   Summary Review: set of 3 commands
>>>
>>>   while I only have... 2 commands (`agenda' and `todo'). Why?
>>
>> This is a bug, fixed.  Thanks for spotting this!
>
> Tested. Confirmed OK.

The above problem is back with the following configuration (tested with
"emacs -Q"):

    (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
                 '("C" "Clock Review"
                   ((agenda ""
                            ((org-agenda-clockreport-mode t)
                             (org-agenda-overriding-header "Clocking Review")
                             (org-agenda-show-log 'clockcheck)
                             (org-agenda-span 'day))) t)))

Org writes:

C   Clock Review  : set of 2 commands
n   Agenda and all TODO's: set of 2 commands

while there is only 1 command to be run (the agenda view)!?

Note, surprisingly, 2 extra spaces before the ":", while they're not in the
customized header string...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: [BUG] Re: Troubles with custom agenda commands
@ 2013-09-11 11:19         ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-09-11 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Bastien,

"Sebastien Vauban" wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" wrote:
>> Bastien wrote:

>>> This is a bug, fixed.  Thanks for spotting this!
>>
>> Tested. Confirmed OK.
>
> The above problem is back with the following configuration (tested with
> "emacs -Q"):
>
>     (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
>                  '("C" "Clock Review"
>                    ((agenda ""
>                             ((org-agenda-clockreport-mode t)
>                              (org-agenda-overriding-header "Clocking Review")
>                              (org-agenda-show-log 'clockcheck)
>                              (org-agenda-span 'day))) t)))
>
> Org writes:
>
> C   Clock Review  : set of 2 commands
> n   Agenda and all TODO's: set of 2 commands
>
> while there is only 1 command to be run (the agenda view)!?

Please IGNORE IT!  This "bug" is due to a faulty placement of the parenthesis.

It should have been:

>     (add-to-list 'org-agenda-custom-commands
>                  '("C" "Clock Review"
>                    ((agenda ""
>                             ((org-agenda-clockreport-mode t)
>                              (org-agenda-overriding-header "Clocking Review")
>                              (org-agenda-show-log 'clockcheck)
>                              (org-agenda-span 'day))))) t)
                                                       ^^
Sorry for this false alarm.

> Note, surprisingly, 2 extra spaces before the ":", while they're not in the
> customized header string...

Best regards,
  Seb

--