* #+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: Tags that select a tree for export - documentation incorrect?
@ 2013-06-04 16:18 Jean Wallemacq
From: Jean Wallemacq @ 2013-06-04 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

Emacs 24.3.1
org-mode 8.0.3

In http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-options.html#fn-2, one refers to #+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: to select a tree for export.

Doesn't work for me.  I used: #+SELECT_TAGS: with success (this was generated by C-c C-e #)

Same applies for #+EXCLUDE_TAGS: ?

Finally, the documentation refers to
C-c C-e t     (org-insert-export-options-template)
to generate a template, but C-c C-e # seems the way to go today

Would it be that the doc is out-of-sync with the code?

Jean

* Re: #+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: Tags that select a tree for export - documentation incorrect?
@ 2013-06-04 16:41 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2013-06-04 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jean Wallemacq <jean.wallemacq@skynet.be> writes:

> Emacs 24.3.1
> org-mode 8.0.3
>
> In http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-options.html#fn-2, one refers to

I don't see them any reference to those variables.  Check the manual:

http://orgmode.org/org.html#Export-settings

‘SELECT_TAGS’
    The tags that select a tree for export (org-export-select-tags). The default value is :export:. Within a subtree tagged with :export:, you can still exclude entries with :noexport: (see below).

‘EXCLUDE_TAGS’
    The tags that exclude a tree from export (org-export-exclude-tags). The default value is :noexport:. Entries with the :noexport: tag will be unconditionally excluded from the export, even if they have an :export: tag.

> Would it be that the doc is out-of-sync with the code?

No.

 1. Go to http://orgmode.org/#docs
 2. Click "Read the complete manual: HTML or PDF".  It will give you
    the page linked to above (or the equivalent pdf version, which I
    didn't check).

Also, the html is exported from the texi so you should be able to look
it up directly in Emacs.

–Rasmus

--
Hooray!

* Re: #+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: Tags that select a tree for export - documentation incorrect?
@ 2013-06-04 17:03 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-06-04 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jean Wallemacq <jean.wallemacq@skynet.be> writes:

> Emacs 24.3.1
> org-mode 8.0.3
>
> In http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-options.html#fn-2, one refers to
> #+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: to select a tree for export.
>
> Doesn't work for me.  I used: #+SELECT_TAGS: with success (this was
> generated by C-c C-e #)
>

> Same applies for #+EXCLUDE_TAGS: ?
>
> Finally, the documentation refers to
> C-c C-e t     (org-insert-export-options-template)
> to generate a template, but C-c C-e # seems the way to go today
>
> Would it be that the doc is out-of-sync with the code?

Yes, the documentation is behind the code (and some things are
works-in-progress too.) There are some useful pointers at

     http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html

but the page does not include the ones you found, so thanks for pointing
them out. I might be able to add them to that page later on tonight, but
feel free to beat me to it. The worg page is useful in its own right,
but will also be useful later on when the "real" docs are updated too.

--
Nick

* Re: #+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: Tags that select a tree for export - documentation incorrect?
@ 2013-06-04 17:06   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-06-04 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Jean Wallemacq <jean.wallemacq@skynet.be> writes:
>
>> Emacs 24.3.1
>> org-mode 8.0.3
>>
>> In http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-options.html#fn-2, one refers to
>
> I don't see them any reference to those variables.  Check the manual:
>
> http://orgmode.org/org.html#Export-settings
>
> ‘SELECT_TAGS’
>     The tags that select a tree for export
> (org-export-select-tags). The default value is :export:. Within a
> subtree tagged with :export:, you can still exclude entries with
> :noexport: (see below).
>
> ‘EXCLUDE_TAGS’
>     The tags that exclude a tree from export
> (org-export-exclude-tags). The default value is :noexport:. Entries
> with the :noexport: tag will be unconditionally excluded from the
> export, even if they have an :export: tag.
>
>> Would it be that the doc is out-of-sync with the code?
>
> No.
>
>  1. Go to http://orgmode.org/#docs
>  2. Click "Read the complete manual: HTML or PDF".  It will give you
>     the page linked to above (or the equivalent pdf version, which I
>     didn't check).
>
> Also, the html is exported from the texi so you should be able to look
> it up directly in Emacs.

Gah, that's right: I was looking at the 7.9 manual when I sent my

Nick

* Re: #+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: Tags that select a tree for export - documentation incorrect?
@ 2013-06-04 19:00     ` Jean Wallemacq
From: Jean Wallemacq @ 2013-06-04 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Nick Dokos, Rasmus

OK, I see indeed that by following the explicit path to the documentation (http://orgmode.org/#docs), one reaches the good page: http://orgmode.org/org.html#Export-settings.

But, http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-options.html#fn-2 still exists! I was there by following a google search.  Judging by the url, the information seemed actual and authoritative.  Is there a way to get old pages suppressed, or at least moved to a url indicating the version to which it corresponds?