* new to exporting: how to export to a specific location (aromatically?)
@ 2014-08-17  7:43 Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2014-08-17  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi list

im new (in general and to exporting in particular).

I have a few questions:

1.how does one specify a location where exported files go? can one set this
per file or perhaps per export type etc?

2. can one auto export files when saved/changed etc?

3. i cant understand the difference so much between export and publishing,
apart that publishing is only for html (and not txt etc..)?

Thanks alot

* Re: new to exporting: how to export to a specific location (aromatically?)
@ 2014-08-18  0:01 ` Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2014-08-18  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Xebar

Xebar Saram wrote:
> Hi list
>
> im new (in general and to exporting in particular).
>
> I have a few questions:
>
> 1.how does one specify a location where exported files go? can one set
> this per file or perhaps per export type etc?
Org manual section 12.3 at the end EXPORT_FILE_NAME  for subtrees; IUC
this cannot be applied to a buffer -

footnote 133 There is no buffer-wide equivalent for this property. The
file name in this case is derived from the file associated to the
buffer, if possible, or asked to the user otherwise.

Like you I am also answers to the other two questions.

Charlie Millar

---

* Re: new to exporting: how to export to a specific location (aromatically?)
@ 2014-08-18  9:33 ` Florian Beck
From: Florian Beck @ 2014-08-18  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xebar Saram; +Cc: org mode

Hi,

> 1.how does one specify a location where exported files go? can one set this per file or perhaps per export type etc?

This can be done with defining an export backend and a little bit of
hacking (hint: `org-export-output-file-name' accepts a directory
argument) or by using projects.

> 2. can one auto export files when saved/changed etc?

Try `after-save-hook' and export asynchronously, e.g.
(org-html-export-to-html t).

> 3. i cant understand the difference so much between export and publishing, apart that publishing is only for html (and not txt etc..)?

Projects can include several files and allow you to set project specific
variables. See `org-publish-project-alist'.

> Thanks alot

Florian Beck