* help debugging latex-overlays boxes
@ 2014-09-05 14:06 John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2014-09-05 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi All,

I am using org-mode in a course this fall with 60 students.  All of them
are using org-mode from elpa. For about 10 of them, they are unable to
toggle the latex-overlays; instead of getting the equations, they get
empty gray boxes with an error that the png file was not created.  Oddly
enough, they can export to PDF just fine. I have also checked that they
have LaTeX (TeXLive) installed, and it appears it is. I am able to
convert tex files to dvi, and then use dvipng to make a png image. But
for some reason, the toggle-latex-overlay function does not work for
them.

I am at a loss to figure out what the issue is. These are Windows
laptops that were preconfigured by the department. Almost all of them
work fine, except for this small number I cannot figure out.

Any ideas? Thanks,

--
John Kitchin