* Missing commit in maint
@ 2014-11-21 20:42 Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2014-11-21 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, Nicolas Goaziou, Bastien

Hi!

The following commit

6202ec7 (Remove need to declare drawers before using them, 2013-10-20)

has been in the master branch for over a year but I can't find it in any
maintenance releases since then.  Is this intentional?

I am using the function

(defun org-remove-empty-drawer-at (pos)

in my .emacs setup and this changed signature in the above commit in the
master branch only a year ago.

Is this commit supposed to be applied to maint? And if not should it be
removed from the master branch so we are not carrying around this change
forever?

Thanks,
Bernt

* Re: Missing commit in maint
@ 2014-11-21 22:34 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-11-21 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> The following commit
>
> 6202ec7 (Remove need to declare drawers before using them, 2013-10-20)
>
> has been in the master branch for over a year but I can't find it in any
> maintenance releases since then.  Is this intentional?

It is. This is a breaking change, so it is installed in master instead
of maint.

> I am using the function
>
> (defun org-remove-empty-drawer-at (pos)
>
> in my .emacs setup and this changed signature in the above commit in the
> master branch only a year ago.
>
> Is this commit supposed to be applied to maint?

Yes, when Org 8.3 is released.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Missing commit in maint
@ 2014-11-21 23:04   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-11-21 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Bernt Hansen, emacs-orgmode

> Yes, when Org 8.3 is released.

Yes, and this will happen before chrismas!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Missing commit in maint
@ 2014-11-23 18:54   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2014-11-23 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

> Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:
>
>> The following commit
>>
>> 6202ec7 (Remove need to declare drawers before using them, 2013-10-20)
>>
>> has been in the master branch for over a year but I can't find it in any
>> maintenance releases since then.  Is this intentional?
>
> It is. This is a breaking change, so it is installed in master instead
> of maint.
>
>> I am using the function
>>
>> (defun org-remove-empty-drawer-at (pos)
>>
>> in my .emacs setup and this changed signature in the above commit in the
>> master branch only a year ago.
>>
>> Is this commit supposed to be applied to maint?
>
> Yes, when Org 8.3 is released.

Thanks for the explanation :)

I will update my document to add an explanation for this until Org 8.3
is released.

Best regards,
Bernt