* Question about Agenda view
@ 2016-02-18  5:47 Thomas Moyer
From: Thomas Moyer @ 2016-02-18  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I will sometimes add additional notes below a TODO entry, usually some link
to something, or some extra explanation. Is there a way to customize the
agenda view to indicate if these extra lines exist? I'm looking for
something potentially as simple as appending ... to the end of an agenda
entry if something other than a timestamp is on the lines below the TODO
item.

For example:

* TODO Item 1
SCHEDULED: <2016-02-18 Thu>
* TODO Item 2
[2016-02-15 Mon]
* TODO Item 3
SCHEDULED: <2016-02-18 Thu>
We should look into making the system perform better

Would result in agenda lines where Items 1 & 2 appear as they currently do,
and Item 3's agenda line ends with ... to indicate that there is a line
that is not a timestamp following the headline.

Tom

* Re: Question about Agenda view
@ 2016-02-18 11:05 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-02-18 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Moyer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thursday, 18 Feb 2016 at 00:47, Thomas Moyer wrote:
> I will sometimes add additional notes below a TODO entry, usually some link
> to something, or some extra explanation. Is there a way to customize the
> agenda view to indicate if these extra lines exist? I'm looking for

"v E" in the default agenda view may do some of what you want?
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.91.1, Org release_8.3.3-619-gca1fb8

* Re: Question about Agenda view
@ 2016-02-18 19:42   ` Thomas Moyer
From: Thomas Moyer @ 2016-02-18 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Moyer, emacs-orgmode

Close... it shows the entry text, which works to see if there is any, but
it makes the agenda view harder to read. Is there a way to customize how
agenda entries are created? One could, in theory, create a function that
modifies the entry to append "..." if the entry text is not null.

Tom

@ 2016-02-18 20:48     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-02-18 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Moyer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Thomas Moyer <tommoyer@gmail.com> writes:

> Close... it shows the entry text, which works to see if there is any, but
> it makes the agenda view harder to read. Is there a way to customize how
> agenda entries are created? One could, in theory, create a function that
> modifies the entry to append "..." if the entry text is not null.

You may want to tinker with `org-agenda-finalize-hook'.

Nicolas Goaziou