* issues with org-contacts
@ 2016-02-26 16:50 Andreas Reuleaux
From: Andreas Reuleaux @ 2016-02-26 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have been using Julien Danjou's org-contacts for a while now,
cf

  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/
  org-contacts.el – manage contacts
     Written by Julien Danjou. Link to raw file.
  https://julien.danjou.info/projects/emacs-packages#org-contacts

and happily so far, ie. I haven't changed my config.

I would eg. type

st+ in my To: field of a message, that I am composing

  To: st+

hit tab, and the contact address would be completed from my
(list of) org-contacts-files (find an address matching st...)

When I do so (hit tab ie.) in my current environment: emacs (24.5.1) / org (8.2.10,
the one that comes with emacs, as I understand), on debian testing ie., I get:

  org-make-tags-matcher: `org-make-tags-matcher' expects todo-only to be scoped in

I get the same error message, when I use a newer org version (8.3.3),
install the debian package org-mode ie.

I did contact Julien about this issue, but he pointed me to the org mailing
list instead, as he isn't maintaining the code any more.

Can anyone first: confirm my issue, and then: point me in the right
direction, please?

I should say that I have gone through some efforts in the past, to make <tab>
(the single tab key) behave "normally" (not be occupied by 'yas-expand
ie.) in some modes. But now in message-mode (the mode that I am in when composing
a mail), when I define any of these (that would usually do):

  (local-set-key (kbd "<tab>")   #'message-tab)
  (local-set-key (kbd "<tab>")   #'completion-at-point)
  (local-set-key (kbd "<tab>")   #'indent-for-tab-command)

I still get the above message above:

  org-make-tags-matcher: `org-make-tags-matcher' expects todo-only to be scoped in

Thanks in advance,
  Andreas

* Re: issues with org-contacts
@ 2016-02-27  8:37 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-02-27  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Reuleaux; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Andreas Reuleaux <rx@a-rx.info> writes:

> I have been using Julien Danjou's org-contacts for a while now,
> cf
>
>   http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/
>   org-contacts.el – manage contacts
>      Written by Julien Danjou. Link to raw file.
>   https://julien.danjou.info/projects/emacs-packages#org-contacts
>
> and happily so far, ie. I haven't changed my config.
>
> I would eg. type
>
> st+ in my To: field of a message, that I am composing
>
>   To: st+
>
> hit tab, and the contact address would be completed from my
> (list of) org-contacts-files (find an address matching st...)
>
> When I do so (hit tab ie.) in my current environment: emacs (24.5.1) / org (8.2.10,
> the one that comes with emacs, as I understand), on debian testing ie., I get:
>
>   org-make-tags-matcher: `org-make-tags-matcher' expects todo-only to be scoped in
>
> I get the same error message, when I use a newer org version (8.3.3),
> install the debian package org-mode ie.
>
> I did contact Julien about this issue, but he pointed me to the org mailing
> list instead, as he isn't maintaining the code any more.
>
> Can anyone first: confirm my issue, and then: point me in the right
> direction, please?

It looks like a lexical binding problem. We switched "org.el" to lexical
binding in development version. You may be having a mixed installation,
somehow.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: issues with org-contacts
@ 2016-02-27 21:40   ` Andreas Reuleaux
From: Andreas Reuleaux @ 2016-02-27 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> It looks like a lexical binding problem. We switched "org.el" to lexical
> binding in development version. You may be having a mixed installation,
> somehow.
>
> Regards,

Ah, OK, thanks a lot (and as already answered in private e-mail):
I will take a closer look at my installation in terms of lexical
binding then.

-Andreas