* How to add left superscripts
@ 2016-02-29  1:57 童俊翔
From: 童俊翔 @ 2016-02-29  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org mode

How to add left superscripts without using additional packages in org-mode?

* Re: How to add left superscripts
@ 2016-02-29  9:57 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-02-29  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 童俊翔; +Cc: Org mode

Hello,

童俊翔 <tongjunxiang@gmail.com> writes:

> How to add left superscripts without using additional packages in
> org-mode?

Maybe using LaTeX, e.g., \(^{super}\)A.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Org-mode export to html hangs when encoding links
@ 2016-02-29 11:27   ` Brad Collins
From: Brad Collins @ 2016-02-29 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org mode

Since upgrading to 8.3.4,  exporting to HTML fails if there
is a hypertext link in the document with the following error:

   if: Autoloading failed to define function url-encode-url

This is the document that fails:

--begin--

#+TITLE: Testing
#+AUTHOR: Brad Collins
#+EMAIL:  brad@chenla.la

* This is a Heading

Lorem ipsum dolor [[http://chenla.org][sit]] amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Donec
hendrerit tempor tellus. Donec pretium posuere tellus. Proin quam
nisl, tincidunt et, mattis eget, convallis nec, purus.

--end--

I'm running:

  GNU Emacs 25.0.91.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2) of 2016-02-22
  Org-mode version 8.3.4 (8.3.4-dist @ /home/deerpig/emacs-lisp/org-mode/lisp/)

Here is the the beginning of the debug backtrace (the full
backtrace is 165k):

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Autoloading failed to define function url-encode-url")
  (url-encode-url text)
  (if (fboundp (quote url-encode-url)) (url-encode-url text) (if (org-string-match-p (concat "[[:nonascii:]" org-link-escape-chars-browser "]") text) (org-link-escape text org-link-escape-chars-browser) text))

No luck googling and I've looked through the code but I can't figure
out where to even begin to look.  I couldn't get the Melpa
package to work -- so I'm running Org from a local install
from Git.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

b/

--
Brad Collins <brad@chenla.la>
skype|twitter: deerpig

* Re: How to add left superscripts
@ 2016-02-29 12:49   ` 童俊翔
From: 童俊翔 @ 2016-02-29 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Org mode

Yes, it works, thank you!

Junxiang

@ 2016-02-29 15:19 ` Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2016-02-29 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 童俊翔; +Cc: Org mode

童俊翔 <tongjunxiang@gmail.com> writes:

> How to add left superscripts without using additional packages in org-mode?

I use \nbsp{}^{1}.

Cheers,
Roger

* Re: How to add left superscripts
@ 2016-02-29 15:37   ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2016-02-29 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roger Mason; +Cc: Org mode, 童俊翔

I knew there was a way to do this. I forgot the \nbsp, {} by itself does
not work. Thanks for the reminder.

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
@johnkitchin
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

@ 2016-02-29 16:39     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2016-02-29 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> I knew there was a way to do this. I forgot the \nbsp, {} by itself does not work. Thanks for the
> reminder.

The \nbsp does add a space however, so if you are really picky, it might
not be the best choice: you can do

some text\nbsp^{super}A...

to eat one of the spaces, but if the entity is to be at the left end of
the line, there is no way to get rid of the extra space.

Nicolas's latex method works better IMO:

\(^{super}\)A

or

\(^{\rm super}\)A

if you want a roman font.  This works for me in both latex and html
(with mathjax).

--
Nick

* Re: Org-mode export to html hangs when encoding links
@ 2016-02-29 18:50     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-02-29 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Collins; +Cc: Org mode

Hello,

Brad Collins <brad@chenla.la> writes:

> Since upgrading to 8.3.4,  exporting to HTML fails if there
> is a hypertext link in the document with the following error:
>
>    if: Autoloading failed to define function url-encode-url

This doesn't seem to be related to Org. `url-encode-url' is autoloaded
in Emacs. There seem to be a problem there. Maybe the autoloads you are
using are wrong.

Nicolas Goaziou