* column in table fails to align for China's characters
@ 2018-06-14  0:27 Van L
From: Van L @ 2018-06-14  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

Hello.

Mixing characters from differing languages causes the table column to fail to align.

See as follows.

| Term       | Pronunciation               | Definition                                                                                               |
|------------+-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 偷听敌台! | tou1ting1di2tai2            | bug implant                                                                                              |
| 工农兵学员 | gong1-nong2-bing1 xue2yuan2 | tertiary education for rubes of low socio-economic background during Mao's affirmative action cultural revolution 1966 - 76 |

* Re: column in table fails to align for China's characters
@ 2018-06-14 14:09 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-06-14 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Van L; +Cc: org-mode-email

Hello,

Van L <van@scratch.space> writes:

> Hello.
>
> Mixing characters from differing languages causes the table column to fail to align.
>
> See as follows.
>
> | Term       | Pronunciation               | Definition                                                                                               |
> |------------+-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> | 偷听敌台! | tou1ting1di2tai2            | bug implant                                                                                              |
> | 工农兵学员 | gong1-nong2-bing1 xue2yuan2 | tertiary education for rubes of low socio-economic background during Mao's affirmative action cultural revolution 1966 - 76 |

True. Table alignment assumes you are using a fixed-width font, which
may or may not be possible with chinese characters.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: column in table fails to align for China's characters
@ 2018-06-15  5:51   ` Van L
From: Van L @ 2018-06-15  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: org-mode-email

Thanks,

> Table alignment assumes you are using a fixed-width font, which
> may or may not be possible with chinese characters.

there is no monospaced font for combining parts of Unicode?

* Re: column in table fails to align for China's characters
@ 2018-07-02  6:17 Van L
From: Van L @ 2018-07-02  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Hello,

After discovering the (Mac Font Panel mode)
I can confirm the following fixed-width fonts
will line-up the table columns for Latin and
Han characters:

- Osaka
- HanaMinA
- HanaMinB
- PCMyungjo

Those HanaMin fonts you find at the font test
page at ctext.org

* Re: column in table fails to align for China's characters
@ 2018-07-15  2:51     ` iemacs
From: iemacs @ 2018-07-15  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can try https://github.com/tumashu/cnfonts to align columns in the table.

--