* storing a link to a task from an agenda view
@ 2020-11-21  9:30 Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2020-11-21  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying to store a link to a task while the cursor is on it in the
agenda view. I tried ~org-store-link~ on it, but it tells me there is no
method to do so. So I looked at some of the org-agenda code to find a
way to get to the underlying task, and I tried this:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun as/mk-agenda-link ()
  (interactive)
  (let* ((marker (or (org-get-at-bol 'org-marker)
                     (org-agenda-error)))
         (buffer (marker-buffer marker))
         (pos (marker-position marker)))
    (with-current-buffer buffer
      (save-excursion
        (goto-char pos)
        (org-store-link nil)
        ))))
#+end_src

but it does not store anything. (I have to put the ~nil~ at the
~org-store-link~ code otherwise I have an error, and looking at some of
the ~org-capture~ code, I saw it there.)

Do you have suggestions on how to store such a link from an agenda view?
It can either end up in ~org-stored-links~ or captured in a variable.

Thanks,

Alan

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: storing a link to a task from an agenda view
@ 2020-11-22  5:36 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2020-11-22  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt, emacs-orgmode

> Do you have suggestions on how to store such a link from an agenda view?
> It can either end up in ~org-stored-links~ or captured in a variable.

(org-store-link nil) -> (org-store-link nil 'interactive)

Or you can just save the return value of (org-store-link nil)

Best,
Ihor

@ 2020-11-22 11:07   ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2020-11-22 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko, emacs-orgmode

On 2020-11-22 13:36, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> writes:

>> Do you have suggestions on how to store such a link from an agenda view?
>> It can either end up in ~org-stored-links~ or captured in a variable.
>
> (org-store-link nil) -> (org-store-link nil 'interactive)
>
> Or you can just save the return value of (org-store-link nil)

Thanks a lot, that worked great!

I've written a small post about it (which is a bit org-roam specific)
here:
https://org-roam.discourse.group/t/daily-task-management-with-org-agenda-and-org-roam-dailies/989

Best,

Alan