From: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com>
To: Eduardo Ochs <eduardoochs@gmail.com>
Cc: Org Mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Eev-wconfig.el etc etc, or: "Exercise: Learn Org!"
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 22:30:48 +0800	[thread overview]

Eduardo Ochs <eduardoochs@gmail.com> writes:

> I made a video that is mainly for people who are new to Emacs and who
> are using M$ Windows, and it ends with an exercise that is roughly
> this: "...now download a .zip file with Rainer Koenig's videos from
> <http://angg.twu.net/eev-wconfig.html#learn-org>, unpack it somewhere,
> and use eev to create an index of the video that you've watched, with
> pointers to the parts that you will need to re-watch many times"...

You are discussing too many things at once in one video.

What is the main point you want to explain in the video? How to
download, watch, and annotate a series of videos? If so, you only talk
about it in the last minutes of the presentation.

Also, do you expect people new to emacs understand all the
(commmand args) staff?

I still fail to understand what is the advantage of eev compared to Org
or Hyperbole (which also provides context-free actionable links).
You argue that Org is a "black box", but your code is also a black box
in a sense that one needs to read the "wconfig" files (AFAIU). How is it
different compared to Org written in Elisp following the usual
documentation conventions described in the Elisp manual?

I recommend recording a much shorted video demonstrating a singe task
you perform using eev. No need to side track explaining Elisp syntax. No
need to show troubleshooting. No need to show things users "are not
supposed to understand". No need to show initial configuration with all
possible caveats.

Best,
Ihor