* org-->latex and beamer, avoid blocks
@ 2024-01-18 15:40 Uwe Brauer via General discussions about Org-mode.
From: Uwe Brauer via General discussions about Org-mode. @ 2024-01-18 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I have a longer documents with a lot of graphics, and the following setting:

So that
** Introduction

Will be converted to a frame, while if converted to LaTeX (article) it
will be converted to a subsection.

Now I also have  subsubsections like

*** First step

Containing two graphics,

This subsubsection will be converted to a block and then I cannot use
allowframebreaks and only one graphics is displayed.

Any suggestion how to tell the converter not convert

*** First step

To a block?

Thanks and regards

Uwe Brauer

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.

* Re: org-->latex and beamer, avoid blocks
@ 2024-01-18 18:31 ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2024-01-18 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 16:40, Uwe Brauer via "General discussions about Org-mode." wrote:
> Any suggestion how to tell the converter not convert
>
> *** First step
>
> To a block?

Add the :B_ignoreheading: tag and the following property to the headline:

:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_env: ignoreheading
:END:

which you can do easily if you have

#+startup: beamer

in your org file which allows you to then use "C-c C-b i" to add that
information.

Although the idea of a single document that exports to both beamer and
LaTeX is attractive, I've always found it to be more effort than it's
worth.  Just my 2¢.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.13-1003-g872c1b in Emacs 30.0.50

* Re: org-->latex and beamer, avoid blocks
@ 2024-01-19  7:01   ` Uwe Brauer via General discussions about Org-mode.
From: Uwe Brauer via General discussions about Org-mode. @ 2024-01-19  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "FE" == Fraga, Eric <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> On Thursday, 18 Jan 2024 at 16:40, Uwe Brauer via "General discussions
> about Org-mode." wrote:
>> Any suggestion how to tell the converter not convert
>>
>> *** First step
>>
>> To a block?

> Add the :B_ignoreheading: tag and the following property to the headline:

> :PROPERTIES:
> :BEAMER_env: ignoreheading
> :END:

> which you can do easily if you have

Ah, thanks very much.

> #+startup: beamer

> in your org file which allows you to then use "C-c C-b i" to add that
> information.

Aha also very useful (the allowframebreaks and shrink option that I use
often is unfortunately not among these property templates)

> Although the idea of a single document that exports to both beamer and
> LaTeX is attractive, I've always found it to be more effort than it's
> worth.  Just my 2¢.

Well, right. I just realized that for example
when I export the document to LatReX article, then cosntructs like

*** Code
 :PROPERTIES:
 :BEAMER_env: ignoreheading
 :END:

Get converted in the sense that the properties are not simply ignored
but transformed to text, which is not what I want.

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.
I support the EU and NATO membership of Ukraine.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: org-->latex and beamer, avoid blocks
@ 2024-01-21 16:11     ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2024-01-21 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Friday, 19 Jan 2024 at 08:01, Uwe Brauer via "General discussions about Org-mode." wrote:
> Well, right. I just realized that for example
> when I export the document to LatReX article, then cosntructs like
>

> *** Code
>  :PROPERTIES:
>  :BEAMER_env: ignoreheading
>  :END:
>
> Get converted in the sense that the properties are not simply ignored
> but transformed to text, which is not what I want.

Strange.  Properties do not get exported for me.  The tags do get
exported if you haven't set the tags:nil option, however.  The heading
itself does get exported which, of course, may not be what you want.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.13-1003-g872c1b in Emacs 30.0.50