* make targets look nicer
@ 2007-06-08  8:55 Maxim Loginov
From: Maxim Loginov @ 2007-06-08  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I use a lot of explicit targets with angle braces <<for example>>, but usually
I do not put them into comments leaving them inline. these braces stress the
attention on the target when read the sentence, it is not always desired. maybe
it is possible to hide them similarly to "Clean view" but without spaces?

thank you
Maxim

* Re: make targets look nicer
@ 2007-06-08 12:30 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-06-08 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Loginov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I believe that some highlighting will be necessary to show that this
is a target.  Could be font-lock, but could also just be << and >>.
Don't you want to be able to see that something is a target????

- Carsten

On Jun 8, 2007, at 10:55, Maxim Loginov wrote:

> I use a lot of explicit targets with angle braces <<for example>>, but
> usually
> I do not put them into comments leaving them inline. these braces
> stress the
> attention on the target when read the sentence, it is not always
> desired. maybe
> it is possible to hide them similarly to "Clean view" but without
> spaces?
>
> thank you
> Maxim

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: make targets look nicer
@ 2007-06-09  3:41   ` Maxim Loginov
From: Maxim Loginov @ 2007-06-09  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
> I believe that some highlighting will be necessary to show that this
> is a target.  Could be font-lock, but could also just be << and >>.
> Don't you want to be able to see that something is a target????

Of course it is good to see targets, but I do not want to stress attention to
the particular word in the sentence. currently, I'll use <<>> around hole
header, but customizable font-lock would be much better, you can switch it off
if necessary