* spreadsheet advice
@ 2007-09-11  2:06 Robert D. Crawford
From: Robert D. Crawford @ 2007-09-11  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode list

I am a new user to org-mode and picked it up mainly for the spreadsheet
functionality.  I have a few questions that I cannot seem to get an
answer to from reading the info manual.

I am using the spreadsheet to keep track of my blood glucose levels,
correctional boluses, carb intake, meal boluses, and basal increases.
All of these things need to be recorded to the nearest hour.  Each
section will look like the following and corresponds to one day.  I have
removed many of the hours for brevity.

|   | date  |  00 | 01 | 22 | 23 | avg bg | tot carb |
|---+-------+-----+----+----+----+--------+----------|
|   | bg    |     |    |    |    |        |          |
|   | corr  |     |    |    |    |        |          |
|   | carb  |     |    |    |    |        |          |
|   | bolus |     |    |    |    |        |          |
|   | basal |     |    |    |    |        |          |
|   |       |     |    |    |    |        |          |
|---+-------+-----+----+----+----+--------+----------|
#+TBLFM: @3$3=if(@-1>0,(@-1-100.0)/100.0,string("")

As you can see, I have only the basic layout and one equation.

Now for the questions.

1.  I would like to keep all the tables above in one spreadsheet, one
table for each day of the month, creating a new spreadsheet each month.
If there is a more efficient way to do it I am more than open to
suggestion.  The reason is that I would be able to more easily track
trends in blood glucose levels on a time-of-day basis.

All other questions assume the above layout.

2.  I would like to create a bg-template.org file and simply insert that
file every morning when I do my first reading.  One problem I see is
the equations might need to be rewritten for the bit that gets added.
Is there some way to get past this issue?

3.  Is there some functionality for row equations like there is for
column equations?  The rows marked "corr" and "bolus" can be
automatically filled with values and I would like to do this but don't
want to have to bother with the work necessary to yank the equation in
each field if it is not necessary.  I did try to use a range in the
tblfm line but this does not work.

4.  In the name of further automation, can one jump to a particular
coordinate in the spreadsheet?

I think that takes care of my immediate questions.  Thanks for any
assistance offered.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                     robdcraw@gmail.com