* Org-mode + flyspell = too much (programming code is screened)
@ 2009-07-28  9:25 Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2009-07-28  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

I've sent this message to Emacs group one month ago. Never got any reply.
Maybe I'll have more chance here...

I'd want to have flyspell reporting me spelling mistakes in Org-mode.

I did update my `.emacs' this way:

;; turn on `flyspell' when changing a buffer which was unmodified
(defvar my-flyspell-major-mode-list
  '(html-mode
    latex-mode
    message-mode
    muse-mode
    nxml-mode
    org-mode  ; FIXME If uncommented, flyspell gets crazy!?
    text-mode))

(add-hook 'first-change-hook
          (lambda ()
            (when (and (memq major-mode my-flyspell-major-mode-list)
                       (not flyspell-mode))
              (my-turn-on-flyspell-french))))

(defun my-turn-on-flyspell-french ()
  "Unconditionally turn on flyspell-mode (in French) and call
`flyspell-buffer'."
  (interactive)
  (flyspell-mode 1)
  (ispell-change-dictionary "francais")
  (flyspell-buffer))

When doing so, Org-mode buffers get spelled, but my `.emacs' as well. I mean,
not only the comments and the strings, but also the code itself... Don't
understand at all this impact...

Commenting the `org-mode' line returns me with the correct spelling
(prog-aware, I should say) of my Emacs configuration file, but -- then -- my
Org-mode buffers aren't still not spelled anymore...

FYI, I am using:

    /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell.el

from a fresh Ubuntu 9.04 installation, that is version:

   "FSF emacs CVS20090116(r1.141) + Debian `dictionaries-common' changes (like
    xemacs compatibility)"

BTW, I don't understand that neither in that version, neither in:

    http://www-sop.inria.fr/members/Manuel.Serrano/flyspell/flyspell-1.7o.el

the variable `flyspell-prog-mode-hook' is referenced but does not exist.

Is this anything here someone can help about?

Many thanks in advance...

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: Org-mode + flyspell = too much (programming code is screened)
@ 2009-07-28 11:08 ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2009-07-28 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've sent this message to Emacs group one month ago. Never got any reply.
> Maybe I'll have more chance here...
>
> I'd want to have flyspell reporting me spelling mistakes in Org-mode.
>
> I did update my `.emacs' this way:
>

> ;; turn on `flyspell' when changing a buffer which was unmodified
> (defvar my-flyspell-major-mode-list
>   '(html-mode
>     latex-mode
>     message-mode
>     muse-mode
>     nxml-mode
>     org-mode  ; FIXME If uncommented, flyspell gets crazy!?
>     text-mode))
>
> (add-hook 'first-change-hook
>           (lambda ()
>             (when (and (memq major-mode my-flyspell-major-mode-list)
>                        (not flyspell-mode))
>               (my-turn-on-flyspell-french))))
>
> (defun my-turn-on-flyspell-french ()
>   "Unconditionally turn on flyspell-mode (in French) and call
> `flyspell-buffer'."
>   (interactive)
>   (flyspell-mode 1)
>   (ispell-change-dictionary "francais")
>   (flyspell-buffer))
>

> When doing so, Org-mode buffers get spelled, but my `.emacs' as well. I mean,
> not only the comments and the strings, but also the code itself... Don't
> understand at all this impact...
>
> Commenting the `org-mode' line returns me with the correct spelling
> (prog-aware, I should say) of my Emacs configuration file, but -- then -- my
> Org-mode buffers aren't still not spelled anymore...
>
> FYI, I am using:
>
>     /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell.el
>
> from a fresh Ubuntu 9.04 installation, that is version:
>
>    "FSF emacs CVS20090116(r1.141) + Debian `dictionaries-common' changes (like
>     xemacs compatibility)"
>
> BTW, I don't understand that neither in that version, neither in:
>
>     http://www-sop.inria.fr/members/Manuel.Serrano/flyspell/flyspell-1.7o.el
>
> the variable `flyspell-prog-mode-hook' is referenced but does not exist.
>
> Is this anything here someone can help about?
>
> Many thanks in advance...
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

I can only tell you it works fine for with Debian (Ubuntu's Dad ..) with
the following set up:

,----
| (setq
|  ispell-use-framepop-p t
|  ispell-dictionary "british"
|  ispell-local-dictionary "british"
|  ispell-silently-savep t
|  ispell-parser 'tex
|  flyspell-sort-corrections nil
|  )
|
| (setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")
|
| (add-hook 'text-mode-hook (lambda()(interactive)(flyspell-mode t)))
|
| (define-key flyspell-mode-map (kbd "C-+") 'flyspell-check-previous-highlighted-word)
| (define-key flyspell-mode-map (kbd "C-#") 'flyspell-auto-correct-previous-word)
| (define-key flyspell-mode-map (kbd "S-<f2>") 'ispell-word)
| (define-key flyspell-mode-map (kbd "<f2>") 'flyspell-auto-correct-word)
`----

and then

,----
| (add-hook 'org-mode-hook
|           (lambda ()
|             ;; yasnippet
|             (make-variable-buffer-local 'yas/trigger-key)
|             (setq yas/trigger-key [tab])
|             (define-key yas/keymap [tab] 'yas/next-field-group)
|             ;; flyspell mode to spell check everywhere
|             (flyspell-mode 1)))
`----

regards

r.

* Re: Org-mode + flyspell = too much (programming code is screened)
@ 2009-07-28 11:22 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-07-28 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sébastien,

this is, what I do to activate flyspell, and it doesn't cause any
problems here:

   (add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-flyspell)
   (add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'turn-on-flyspell)
   (add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'turn-on-flyspell)

Keeps it simple...

  Sebastian

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover
Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472