* HTML slides
@ 2012-04-19  7:13 BernardH
From: BernardH @ 2012-04-19  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

First and foremost, thank you for making such a great emacs mode !
Whatever I'm doing with orgmode (and I do as much as possible in orgmode !), it
is always a joy.

Recently, i've been switching to orgmode for my presentations.
I'm a happy user of [[https://github.com/eschulte/org-S5][org-S5]] but I just
stumbled upon
[[https://github.com/relevance/org-html-slideshow][org-html-slideshow]].
I have the utmost respect for their respective authors (of org-S5 for
obvious reasons, of org-html-slideshow for Clojure contributions) and
now I have a hard time deciding which one to choose.

Does anyone have experience with any / both of them ?
How would you make the choice ?

Thanks for any advice !

Best Regards,

Bernard

* Re: HTML slides
@ 2012-04-19 19:38 ` Dov Grobgeld
From: Dov Grobgeld @ 2012-04-19 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BernardH; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

There is also https://github.com/dov/org-slidy , which I wrote since I like
to be able to scroll my slides which S5 does not allow. It would be even
cooler to create a package for creating HTML5 slideshows straight from
org-mode, e.g. like http://slides.html5rocks.com/#table-of-contents or
http://imakewebthings.com/deck.js .

Regards,
Dov

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:13, BernardH <
gmane.emacs.orgmode@bernard-hugueney.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First and foremost, thank you for making such a great emacs mode !
> Whatever I'm doing with orgmode (and I do as much as possible in orgmode
> !), it
> is always a joy.
>
> Recently, i've been switching to orgmode for my presentations.
> I'm a happy user of [[https://github.com/eschulte/org-S5][org-S5]] but I
> just
> stumbled upon
> [[https://github.com/relevance/org-html-slideshow][org-html-slideshow]].
> I have the utmost respect for their respective authors (of org-S5 for
> obvious reasons, of org-html-slideshow for Clojure contributions) and
> now I have a hard time deciding which one to choose.
>
> Does anyone have experience with any / both of them ?
> How would you make the choice ?
>
> Thanks for any advice !
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Bernard

* Re: HTML slides
@ 2012-04-20  9:44   ` Ista Zahn
From: Ista Zahn @ 2012-04-20  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dov Grobgeld; +Cc: BernardH, emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is also https://github.com/dov/org-slidy , which I wrote since I like
> to be able to scroll my slides which S5 does not allow. It would be even
> cooler to create a package for creating HTML5 slideshows straight from
> org-mode, e.g. like http://slides.html5rocks.com/#table-of-contents or

Which already exists: https://gist.github.com/509761

-Ista

> http://imakewebthings.com/deck.js .
>
> Regards,
> Dov
>
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:13, BernardH
> <gmane.emacs.orgmode@bernard-hugueney.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> First and foremost, thank you for making such a great emacs mode !
>> Whatever I'm doing with orgmode (and I do as much as possible in orgmode
>> !), it
>> is always a joy.
>>
>> Recently, i've been switching to orgmode for my presentations.
>> I'm a happy user of [[https://github.com/eschulte/org-S5][org-S5]] but I
>> just
>> stumbled upon
>> [[https://github.com/relevance/org-html-slideshow][org-html-slideshow]].
>> I have the utmost respect for their respective authors (of org-S5 for
>> obvious reasons, of org-html-slideshow for Clojure contributions) and
>> now I have a hard time deciding which one to choose.
>>
>> Does anyone have experience with any / both of them ?
>> How would you make the choice ?
>>
>> Thanks for any advice !
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Bernard

* Re: HTML slides
@ 2012-04-20 12:08     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-04-20 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ista Zahn; +Cc: BernardH, Dov Grobgeld, emacs-orgmode

Hi Ista,

Ista Zahn <istazahn@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is also https://github.com/dov/org-slidy , which I wrote since I like
>> to be able to scroll my slides which S5 does not allow. It would be even
>> cooler to create a package for creating HTML5 slideshows straight from
>> org-mode, e.g. like http://slides.html5rocks.com/#table-of-contents or
>
> Which already exists: https://gist.github.com/509761

Nice.   I added a section in worg/org-contrib/index.org to mention these
possibilities.  Does anyone can contact Kinjo (author of the above file)
and let him know that the credit/author is wrong on his file?

 Bastien