* Text above first headline is being exported, despite :export: tag being used.
@ 2014-10-17  0:20 Brady Trainor
From: Brady Trainor @ 2014-10-17  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

At

http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-settings.html

I read

,----
| ‘SELECT_TAGS’
|     The tags that select a tree for export (org-export-select-tags). The
|     default value is :export:. Within a subtree tagged with :export:,
|     you can still exclude entries with :noexport: (see below). When
|     headlines are selectively exported with :export: anywhere in a file,
|     text before the first headline is ignored.
`----

But I have trees tagged for export, while text above first headline is
being exported. Can anyone confirm?

--
Brady

* Re: Text above first headline is being exported, despite :export: tag being used.
@ 2014-10-17  1:30 ` Charles Berry
From: Charles Berry @ 2014-10-17  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Brady Trainor <algebrat <at> uw.edu> writes:

> I read
>
> ,----
> | ‘SELECT_TAGS’
> |     The tags that select a tree for export (org-export-select-tags). The
> |     default value is :export:. Within a subtree tagged with :export:,
> |     you can still exclude entries with :noexport: (see below). When
> |     headlines are selectively exported with :export: anywhere in a file,
> |     text before the first headline is ignored.
> `----
>
> But I have trees tagged for export, while text above first headline is
> being exported. Can anyone confirm?

It works for me. Can you provide an ECM[1]?

HTH,

Chuck

[1] http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#ecm

* Re: Text above first headline is being exported, despite :export: tag being used.
@ 2014-10-18 22:20   ` Brady Trainor
From: Brady Trainor @ 2014-10-18 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Charles Berry <ccberry@ucsd.edu> writes:

> Brady Trainor <algebrat <at> uw.edu> writes:
>
>> But I have trees tagged for export, while text above first headline is
>> being exported. Can anyone confirm?
>
> It works for me. Can you provide an ECM[1]?

I have in a file simply:

Text above first headline.

* first headline for export          :export:

I start Emacs with =emacs -q=, and apply =M-x package-initialize=.

With =M-x version RET= and =M-x org-version RET=, I find

,----
| GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7) of
| 2014-03-07 on lamiak, modified by Debian
|
| Org-mode version 8.2.10 (8.2.10-elpa @
| /home/iam/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20141013/)
`----

With =C-c C-e l l=, the associated .tex file includes

,----
| \begin{document}
|
| \maketitle
| \tableofcontents
|
| Text above first headline.
|
| \section{first headline for export}
| \label{sec-1}
| % Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.2.10)
| \end{document}
`----

or for completeness, the entire contents are

% Created 2014-10-18 Sat 15:11
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{fixltx2e}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{wrapfig}
\usepackage{rotating}
\usepackage[normalem]{ulem}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{marvosym}
\usepackage{wasysym}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\tolerance=1000
\author{iam}
\date{\today}
\title{ecm}
\hypersetup{
  pdfkeywords={},
  pdfsubject={},
  pdfcreator={Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.2.10)}}

@ 2014-10-19  1:56     ` Charles C. Berry
From: Charles C. Berry @ 2014-10-19  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brady Trainor; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014, Brady Trainor wrote:

> Charles Berry <ccberry@ucsd.edu> writes:
>
>> Brady Trainor <algebrat <at> uw.edu> writes:
>>
>>> But I have trees tagged for export, while text above first headline is
>>> being exported. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>> It works for me. Can you provide an ECM[1]?
>>

> I have in a file simply:

> Text above first headline.
>
> * first headline for export          :export:
>
> I start Emacs with =emacs -q=, and apply =M-x package-initialize=.
>
> With =M-x version RET= and =M-x org-version RET=, I find
>
> ,----
> | GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7) of
> | 2014-03-07 on lamiak, modified by Debian
> |
> | Org-mode version 8.2.10 (8.2.10-elpa @
> | /home/iam/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20141013/)
> `----
>
> With =C-c C-e l l=, the associated .tex file includes
>
> ,----
> | \begin{document}
> |
> | \maketitle
> | \tableofcontents
> |
> | Text above first headline.
> |
> | \section{first headline for export}
> | \label{sec-1}
> | % Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.2.10)
> | \end{document}
> `----
>
> or for completeness, the entire contents are

[snip]

I confirm that the ECM *fails* in maint.

But it *succeeds* in master.

HTH,

Chuck

* Re: Text above first headline is being exported, despite :export: tag being used.
@ 2014-10-19  6:48       ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-10-19  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles C. Berry; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Brady Trainor

Hello,

"Charles C. Berry" <ccberry@ucsd.edu> writes:

> I confirm that the ECM *fails* in maint.
>
> But it *succeeds* in master.

Since modifying maint is not an option until Emacs' new release, and
given than master will become maint thereafter, I think the situation is
as fine as possible.

Nicolas Goaziou