* Struggling with setting up ox-koma-letter.el
@ 2016-06-26 19:09 N. Jackson
From: N. Jackson @ 2016-06-26 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am trying to get ox-koma-letter.el working in my Emacs (25.0.95).

I have been following the instructions at
http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/koma-letter-export.html and I am
testing with the "A simple letter example"
(http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/worg.git/plain/exporters/koma-letter-new-example.org).

My org and my ox-koma-letter.el are from the Org Elpa org-plus-contrib
package (version 20160620) and are located in
~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160620/.

I get an error message when I try to export the example letter using
`C-c C-e k p'. The message is

    org-export-as: Wrong number of arguments: #[(templates)
    "ŠebˆÆ^XÇÈÆÉ#…\\^@Ê ^YË !Ì=ƒX^@Í \"^[ÎÏ \"‰^\ ÎÐ
    \"E‰^]\bƒ<^@ÑÒÎÓ \"\"ˆ‚W^@\vƒW^@^M\bB^P\fÎÔ
    \"bˆÕÆxˆ`|ˆŠ\vcˆ)+)‚^F^@*‡" [record object
    templates value begin signature nil re-search-forward "{{{[-A-Za-z0-9_]"
    t ...] 6 ("/data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-25.0.95/lisp/org/org-macro.elc"
    . 3784)], 3

I can't read this error message due to all the escaped characters, but I
do see a mention of an incorrect file. The org-macro.elc file mentioned
in the error message is the one built in to Emacs and it should be
hidden.

I have normal-looking load path shadows, with the the elpa version
hiding the version built in to Emacs (e.g. list-load-path-shadows shows
for example that ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160620/org-macro
hides /data/projects/vc/emacs/emacs-25.0.95/lisp/org/org-macro).

I would welcome any help with getting this working.

Thanks,
N.

* Re: Struggling with setting up ox-koma-letter.el
@ 2016-06-28 13:03 ` N. Jackson
From: N. Jackson @ 2016-06-28 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

At 16:09 -0300 on Sunday 2016-06-26, N. Jackson wrote:

> I am trying to get ox-koma-letter.el working in my Emacs (25.0.95).
>
> I have been following the instructions at
> http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/koma-letter-export.html and I am
> testing with the "A simple letter example"
> (http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/worg.git/plain/exporters/koma-letter-new-example.org).
>
> My org and my ox-koma-letter.el are from the Org Elpa org-plus-contrib
> package (version 20160620) and are located in
> ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160620/.

After the version 20160627 update came down, I no longer get any error
messages on export, which is great.

However, the PDF generated by the exporter isn't quite right. Some of
the problems with it are likely due to my LaTeX setup (page size etc.)
and I'm investigating those, and some might be flaws in
koma-letter-new-example.org, but I think I still don't have
ox-koma-letter.el properly configured yet.

For example, it seems to not be recognising the "location" headline and
hence it is treating it as the first undefined headline in the file and
is using it as the salutation.

My .PDF output file is attached for comparison with the correct one at
http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/worg.git/plain/exporters/koma-letter-new-example.pdf.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
N.

[-- Attachment #2: Example letter PDF output file --]

* Re: Struggling with setting up ox-koma-letter.el
@ 2016-07-18  7:32   ` Robert Klein
From: Robert Klein @ 2016-07-18  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: N. Jackson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 10:03:18 -0300
nljlistbox2@gmail.com (N. Jackson) wrote:

> At 16:09 -0300 on Sunday 2016-06-26, N. Jackson wrote:
>
> > I am trying to get ox-koma-letter.el working in my Emacs (25.0.95).
> >
> > I have been following the instructions at
> > http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/koma-letter-export.html and I am
> > testing with the "A simple letter example"
> > (http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/worg.git/plain/exporters/koma-letter-new-example.org).
> >
> > My org and my ox-koma-letter.el are from the Org Elpa
> > org-plus-contrib package (version 20160620) and are located in
> > ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160620/.
>
> After the version 20160627 update came down, I no longer get any error
> messages on export, which is great.
>
> However, the PDF generated by the exporter isn't quite right. Some of
> the problems with it are likely due to my LaTeX setup (page size etc.)
> and I'm investigating those, and some might be flaws in
> koma-letter-new-example.org, but I think I still don't have
> ox-koma-letter.el properly configured yet.
>
> For example, it seems to not be recognising the "location" headline
> and hence it is treating it as the first undefined headline in the
> file and is using it as the salutation.
>
> My .PDF output file is attached for comparison with the correct one at
> http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/worg.git/plain/exporters/koma-letter-new-example.pdf.
>
> Any suggestions?

afaik the elpa version is the maintenance version of 8.3.4.

The example looks fine when using the develpoment version of org
(i.e. master branch of the git repository).

Best regards
Robert

* Re: Struggling with setting up ox-koma-letter.el
@ 2016-07-18  9:21   ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2016-07-18  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Sorry about the slow reply.

nljlistbox2@gmail.com (N. Jackson) writes:

> At 16:09 -0300 on Sunday 2016-06-26, N. Jackson wrote:
>
>> I am trying to get ox-koma-letter.el working in my Emacs (25.0.95).
>>
>> I have been following the instructions at
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/koma-letter-export.html and I am
>> testing with the "A simple letter example"
>> (http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/worg.git/plain/exporters/koma-letter-new-example.org).
>>
>> My org and my ox-koma-letter.el are from the Org Elpa org-plus-contrib
>> package (version 20160620) and are located in
>> ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160620/.
>
> After the version 20160627 update came down, I no longer get any error
> messages on export, which is great.
>
> However, the PDF generated by the exporter isn't quite right. Some of
> the problems with it are likely due to my LaTeX setup (page size etc.)
> and I'm investigating those, and some might be flaws in
> koma-letter-new-example.org, but I think I still don't have
> ox-koma-letter.el properly configured yet.
>
> For example, it seems to not be recognising the "location" headline and
> hence it is treating it as the first undefined headline in the file and
> is using it as the salutation.

Perhaps you are not using the most recent version?  The ELPA version would
be the "maint" version, I guess.

Could you try the master version?

      http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/tree/contrib/lisp/ox-koma-letter.el

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
I feel emotional landscapes they puzzle me