* orgmode aquivalent of hfill?
@ 2016-07-25 16:02 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2016-07-25 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I am currently writing an org document which I would like later to
convert to odt.

Moreover I want to have a structure, which in latex would look like this

My name \hfill You name.

So on the left margin is on element and on the right margin another with
a variable empty space between them. Can I do something like this using
the org syntax?

thanks

Uwe Brauer

* verse (was: orgmode aquivalent of hfill?)
@ 2016-07-25 18:58 ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2016-07-25 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "Uwe" == Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

    > Hi
    > I am currently writing an org document which I would like later to
    > convert to odt.

    > Moreover I want to have a structure, which in latex would look like this

    > My name \hfill You name.

    > So on the left margin is on element and on the right margin another with
    > a variable empty space between them. Can I do something like this using
    > the org syntax?

It seems that the verse environment does what I want, it is however
exported in a ugly font (type writer), how can I change that font.

regards

Uwe Brauer

* Re: verse (was: orgmode aquivalent of hfill?)
@ 2016-07-26  6:09   ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2016-07-26  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer writes:

> It seems that the verse environment does what I want, it is however
> exported in a ugly font (type writer), how can I change that font.

See the manual, section 12.9.4 "Applying custom styles".

Yours,
Christian

* Re: orgmode aquivalent of hfill?
@ 2016-07-26  9:40 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2016-07-26  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Uwe,

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> I am currently writing an org document which I would like later to
> convert to odt.
>
> Moreover I want to have a structure, which in latex would look like this
>
> My name \hfill You name.
>
> So on the left margin is on element and on the right margin another with
> a variable empty space between them. Can I do something like this using
> the org syntax?

AFAIK there's not.  If you can find out what the syntax for that is in odt
you can make a macro.

Rasmus

--
I feel emotional landscapes they puzzle me

* Re: verse
@ 2016-07-26 19:37     ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2016-07-26 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "Christian" == Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> writes:

   > Uwe Brauer writes:

   >> It seems that the verse environment does what I want, it is however
   >> exported in a ugly font (type writer), how can I change that font.

   > See the manual, section 12.9.4 "Applying custom styles".

That section is a very general one, I cannot find anything about the
verse environment and its setting.

Uwe

* Re: verse
@ 2016-07-27 10:57       ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2016-07-27 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer writes:

>    >> It seems that the verse environment does what I want, it is however
>    >> exported in a ugly font (type writer), how can I change that font.
>
>    > See the manual, section 12.9.4 "Applying custom styles".
>
> That section is a very general one, I cannot find anything about the
> verse environment and its setting.

The section is general because it tells you how to style *everything*,
including, but not limited to, verse environments. When exporting to ODT
you don't set fonts for particular environments in Org-mode. Rather, you
use an application like LibreOffice to modify and save a stylesheet, and
tell Org-mode what stylesheet to apply to exported ODT.

Export a document to ODT with the ugly verse environment, then either
locate the 'OrgVerse' style in the LibreOffice 'Stylist' and edit it
there, or simply right-click on a verse and choose 'Edit Paragraph
Style' from the menu. Choose a different font. Change any other styles
(e.g. headings) as you like. Save the modified document in a convenient
place, then use it as an Org ODT styles file as described in the manual.

Yours,
Christian

* Re: verse
@ 2016-07-28  7:41         ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2016-07-28  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

   > Uwe Brauer writes:

   > Export a document to ODT with the ugly verse environment, then either
   > locate the 'OrgVerse' style in the LibreOffice 'Stylist' and edit it
   > there, or simply right-click on a verse and choose 'Edit Paragraph
   > Style' from the menu. Choose a different font. Change any other styles
   > (e.g. headings) as you like. Save the modified document in a convenient
   > place, then use it as an Org ODT styles file as described in the manual.

After modifying the odt file this way, I haved it as ott and included as
a style file in my org file, worked nicely

thanks

Uwe