* [RFC] Release Org 9.0 by the end of the next week?
@ 2016-09-18 15:19 Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-09-18 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List; +Cc: Bastien Guerry

Hello,

Now that Emacs 25.1 is out, I'd like to have Org 9.0 become the new
stable branch.

Are there outstanding bugs left out? Is there and pending patch
important enough to block the release?

If there is no objection, then I suggest to start the release process by
the end of the next week.

Bastien, do you agree?

Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738

* Re: [RFC] Release Org 9.0 by the end of the next week?
@ 2016-09-18 15:35 ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2016-09-18 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Org Mode List

Hi Nicolas,

> If there is no objection, then I suggest to start the release process by
> the end of the next week.
>
> Bastien, do you agree?

Sure I do, no problem.

--
 Bastien

* Re: [RFC] Release Org 9.0 by the end of the next week?
@ 2016-09-21 10:24 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2016-09-21 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Now that Emacs 25.1 is out, I'd like to have Org 9.0 become the new
> stable branch.
>
> Are there outstanding bugs left out? Is there and pending patch
> important enough to block the release?

Oh my, time is flying by.  I still have unfinished patches that I would
like to include, but I don’t I’ll let others decide if it’s worth
including now.

I have the following patches that I could realistically finish soon:

  - source blocks: new syntax for language specific faces
  - ox-html: move title to preamble for more control over layout/final output
  - ox-beamer: more keywords (needs to incorporate Nicolas’ feedback)
  - ox-publish: more flexible sitemap

Rasmus

--
Nothing's wrong with an email that ends in a minor key

* Re: [RFC] Release Org 9.0 by the end of the next week?
@ 2016-10-05  9:24   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-10-05  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: Bastien Guerry, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> I have the following patches that I could realistically finish soon:

[...]
>   - ox-html: move title to preamble for more control over layout/final output
>   - ox-beamer: more keywords (needs to incorporate Nicolas’ feedback)
>   - ox-publish: more flexible sitemap

Do you need more time, or can it wait for Org 9.1 ?

If it can wait and there isn't anything blocking left, I think we can go
ahead and release Org 9.0 very soon.

Bastien, what date is the most appropriate for you?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [RFC] Release Org 9.0 by the end of the next week?
@ 2016-10-05 10:24     ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2016-10-05 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Rasmus

Hi Nicolas and Rasmus,

> Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:
>
>> I have the following patches that I could realistically finish soon:
>
> [...]
>>   - ox-html: move title to preamble for more control over layout/final output
>>   - ox-beamer: more keywords (needs to incorporate Nicolas’ feedback)
>>   - ox-publish: more flexible sitemap

This looks great enhancements, thanks.

> Do you need more time, or can it wait for Org 9.1 ?
>
> If it can wait and there isn't anything blocking left, I think we can go
> ahead and release Org 9.0 very soon.

Agreed.

> Bastien, what date is the most appropriate for you?

The second half of october, I should be able to take half a day for
a quick review and for the release.

 Bastien

* Re: [RFC] Release Org 9.0 by the end of the next week?
@ 2016-10-12  9:00     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2016-10-12  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: bzg

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry I'm so terribly slow.  It's a bit of a transitional time at the
moment, putting strains on my time.

>>   - ox-html: move title to preamble for more control over layout/final output
>>   - ox-beamer: more keywords (needs to incorporate Nicolas’ feedback)
>>   - ox-publish: more flexible sitemap
>
> Do you need more time, or can it wait for Org 9.1 ?

It should wait for 9.1.  I will push the ox-beamer patch today, if it’s
not too late (I have to catch up on the list).

> If it can wait and there isn't anything blocking left, I think we can go
> ahead and release Org 9.0 very soon.

Sounds good to me.

--
Even a three-legged dog has three good legs to lose