* Bug: Problem with org-agenda-sticky and org-mobile
@ 2017-01-11  1:31 Ian Dunn
From: Ian Dunn @ 2017-01-11  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

    With trunk org mode, when I run org-mobile-push when in an agenda buffer, then refresh the buffer (via 'r' or 'g'), it spawns a new agenda buffer and populates it.  This only happens with org-agenda-sticky set to 't'.

    To replicate, I do the following:

1. Turn on org-agenda-sticky
2. Activate an agenda (any agenda)
3. Run org-mobile-push
4. Press 'r' after it's finished

    On mine, it spawns a new agenda buffer.  This is not the behavior I'd expect.

    It looks to me like this is an issue in org-mobile-push.  It sets org-agenda-this-buffer-name to the original value of org-agenda-buffer-name, which isn't necessarily the same.

    Thanks for your help.

--
Ian Dunn

* Re: Bug: Problem with org-agenda-sticky and org-mobile
@ 2017-01-14 15:17 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-01-14 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Dunn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Ian Dunn <dunni@gnu.org> writes:

>     With trunk org mode, when I run org-mobile-push when in an agenda
> buffer, then refresh the buffer (via 'r' or 'g'), it spawns a new
> agenda buffer and populates it. This only happens with
> org-agenda-sticky set to 't'.
>
>     To replicate, I do the following:
>
> 1. Turn on org-agenda-sticky
> 2. Activate an agenda (any agenda)
> 3. Run org-mobile-push
> 4. Press 'r' after it's finished
>
>     On mine, it spawns a new agenda buffer.  This is not the behavior I'd expect.
>
>     It looks to me like this is an issue in org-mobile-push.  It sets org-agenda-this-buffer-name to the original value of org-agenda-buffer-name, which isn't necessarily the same.
>
>     Thanks for your help.

I pushed a fix for this. Could you confirm the problem is solved? Thank
you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Bug: Problem with org-agenda-sticky and org-mobile
@ 2017-01-14 18:38   ` Ian Dunn
From: Ian Dunn @ 2017-01-14 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Ian Dunn <dunni@gnu.org> writes:
>
>>     With trunk org mode, when I run org-mobile-push when in an agenda
>> buffer, then refresh the buffer (via 'r' or 'g'), it spawns a new
>> agenda buffer and populates it. This only happens with
>> org-agenda-sticky set to 't'.
>>
>>     To replicate, I do the following:
>>
>> 1. Turn on org-agenda-sticky
>> 2. Activate an agenda (any agenda)
>> 3. Run org-mobile-push
>> 4. Press 'r' after it's finished
>>
>>     On mine, it spawns a new agenda buffer.  This is not the behavior I'd expect.
>>
>>     It looks to me like this is an issue in org-mobile-push.  It sets
>> org-agenda-this-buffer-name to the original value of org-agenda-buffer-name,
>> which isn't necessarily the same.
>>
>>     Thanks for your help.
>
> I pushed a fix for this. Could you confirm the problem is solved? Thank
> you.
>

> Regards,

That fixed it.  Thank you.

--