* help with beamer and org: pictures alignment and size
@ 2017-08-30 10:35 Luca Ferrari
From: Luca Ferrari @ 2017-08-30 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Hi all,
I'm producing my first beamer presentation via org-mode, and so far so
good. However I would like to have a slide to display a few pictures,
one per row or even in a grid, so I tried the following:

** My slide
#+ATTR_LATEX: width=0.1\textwidth
   - [[./images/debian.png]]
   - [[./images/redhat.png]]

The problem is that the images are displayed at the biggest size
available, going over the slide borders.
What am I missing to adapt the images?

Thanks,
Luca

* Re: help with beamer and org: pictures alignment and size
@ 2017-08-30 10:52 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-08-30 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Ferrari; +Cc: emacs-org list

On Wednesday, 30 Aug 2017 at 12:35, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm producing my first beamer presentation via org-mode, and so far so
> good. However I would like to have a slide to display a few pictures,
> one per row or even in a grid, so I tried the following:
>
> ** My slide
> #+ATTR_LATEX: width=0.1\textwidth

First of all, it depends on what version of org you are using.  Assuming
you are using a recent version, your syntax here is wrong; it should be:

  #+ATTR_LATEX: :width 0.1\textwidth

>    - [[./images/debian.png]]
>    - [[./images/redhat.png]]

Secondly, the attribute will only apply to the first image (I believe)
so you will need to repeat the attribute setting.  Actually, it may
apply only to the item and not the image.  You many need to do something
like this:

#+begin_src org
  -
    ,#+ATTR_LATEX: :width 0.1\textwidth :center nil
    [[./images/debian.png]]
  -
    ,#+ATTR_LATEX: :width 0.1\textwidth :center nil
    [[./images/redhat.png]]

#+end_src

If you are using an older version of org, I highly recommend upgrading
especially if you intend to use beamer.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.10-715-g8b5b2c

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: help with beamer and org: pictures alignment and size
@ 2017-08-31  7:44   ` Luca Ferrari
From: Luca Ferrari @ 2017-08-31  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Ferrari, emacs-org list

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Eric S Fraga <esflists@gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all, it depends on what version of org you are using.  Assuming
> you are using a recent version, your syntax here is wrong; it should be:
>
>   #+ATTR_LATEX: :width 0.1\textwidth
>
>>    - [[./images/debian.png]]
>>    - [[./images/redhat.png]]

Thanks, it provided me a good hint, so that now my slide is as follows
(I nuked the list):

** My slide
#+ATTR_LATEX: :width 0.2\textwidth
 [[./images/debian.png]]
 [[./images/redhat.png]]
[[./images/cisco.png]]
[[./images/skype.png]]

The above applies to all the images at once (I can confirm in the case
of a list you have to apply it to every item).

Anyway, I suspect I'm running a quite old org-mode: 9.0.2.
Try to update it now.

@ 2017-08-31  8:35     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-08-31  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Ferrari; +Cc: emacs-org list