* [feature request] support content level in #+startup
@ 2019-03-06  1:43 Zhang Haijun
From: Zhang Haijun @ 2019-03-06  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

The manual says there are following options deals with the initial
visibility of the outline tree:

overview         top-level headlines only
content          all headlines
showall          no folding of any entries
showeverything   show even drawer contents

I want to show headlines whose level is less than 3(level 1 and 2). Can
you support this? For example, support the following option:

content:2         show headlines whose level is no larger than 2

* Re: [feature request] support content level in #+startup
@ 2019-03-06 10:29 ` Eric S Fraga
       [not found]   ` <TY2PR06MB2766421C908215CAF9A7E2FFA8730@TY2PR06MB2766.apcprd06.prod.outlook.com>
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2019-03-06 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhang Haijun; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Wednesday,  6 Mar 2019 at 01:43, Zhang Haijun wrote:
> I want to show headlines whose level is less than 3(level 1 and 2). Can
> you support this? For example, support the following option:
>
> content:2         show headlines whose level is no larger than 2

If you eval (org-content 2), you will get what you want.  You can create
a simple inline src block that will evaluated this for you by C-c C-c:

   src_elisp{(org-content 2)}

or you can put this in your file local variables (which is what I do) so
that you get the opening view of the file as you want it.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.1-242-g7e98c5

@ 2019-03-06 11:27     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2019-03-06 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhang Haijun; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Wednesday,  6 Mar 2019 at 10:50, Zhang Haijun wrote:
> Thank you. They works. But an option in startup line is easier to use for me.

I agree but, in the meantime, the following at the end of your org file
will accomplish the same:

#+begin_src org
  ,* file local variables                                        :noexport:
  # Local Variables:
  # eval: (org-content 2)
  # End:
#+end_src
--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.1-242-g7e98c5