* Question about org-link-file-path-type
@ 2008-11-03 23:24 Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2008-11-03 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am using org 6.10c. When I set org-link-file-path-type to absolute
and use C-u C-c C-l (org-insert-link with argument), any file in my
home directory above my org directory is given the shortcut ~ -- as in
file:~/pdfs/paper.pdf. (This is the desired behavior.)

But when org-link-file-path-type is set to adaptive and I use
org-insert link, the files above my org-directory are given
unabbreviated names. E.g.: file:/home/matt/pdfs/paper.pdf.

Since I use org on two separate computers with different root
directory structures but also rely on relative links for my website, I
would like the adaptive option to create abbreviated links for the
home directory (i.e., ~). Is this possible?

I seem to remember the adaptive setting resulting in the abbreviated
links in 6.06 (before I upgraded to 6.08 and then 6.10), but I may be
wrong about that.

Thanks,

Matt Lundin