* Entries title in agenda view
@ 2010-06-21 17:09 Julien Danjou
From: Julien Danjou @ 2010-06-21 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I did not find what I want in the documentation, so here I am.

I've entries in the form:
* Customers
** MyCustomer
*** Project
**** Meeting to do some stuff
<2010-06-21 Mon>

In the agenda view (C-c a a) I see

Monday     21 June 2010
   Meeting to do some stuff

Problem is that i really lacks of context. I've to scroll down to the
entry to read the echo area.

Is there anyway to change the entry text to include its parent headings,
or part of them?

--
Julien Danjou
// ᐰ <julien@danjou.info>   http://julien.danjou.info

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 197 bytes --]

* Re: Entries title in agenda view
@ 2010-06-21 17:16 ` Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira @ 2010-06-21 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Danjou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

You can set the CATEGORY property of each customer as the customer name,
for instance. If you need more context, set the CATEGORY property of the
project with something that tells you the customer and the project.

--
Darlan

@ 2010-06-21 18:59 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-06-21 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Danjou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Julien Danjou <julien@danjou.info> writes:

> I did not find what I want in the documentation, so here I am.
>
> I've entries in the form:
> * Customers
> ** MyCustomer
> *** Project
> **** Meeting to do some stuff
> <2010-06-21 Mon>
>

> In the agenda view (C-c a a) I see
>
> Monday     21 June 2010
>    Meeting to do some stuff

By default, the agenda view includes the CATEGORY property. Have you by
chance customized org-agenda-prefix-format?

> Problem is that i really lacks of context. I've to scroll down to the
> entry to read the echo area.
>
> Is there anyway to change the entry text to include its parent headings,
> or part of them?

A couple of solutions here:

1. Add a category (assuming org-agenda-prefix-format) is set to display
   categories.

* Customers
** MyCustomer
   :PROPERTIES:
   :CATEGORY: mycustomer
   :END:
*** Project
**** Meeting to do some stuff
 <2010-06-21 Mon>

Day-agenda (W25):
Monday     21 June 2010 W25
  mycustomer: Meeting to do some stuff

2. Use tags and set the agenda to display inherited tags:

(setq org-agenda-show-inherited-tags t)

* Customers
** MyCustomer							 :mycustomer:
   :PROPERTIES:
   :CATEGORY: mycustomer
   :END:
*** Project							   :projectA:
**** Meeting to do some stuff
 <2010-06-21 Mon>

Day-agenda (W25):
Monday     21 June 2010 W25
  mycustomer: Meeting to do some stuff                    :mycustomer:projectA::

Best,
Matt