* Using org-protocol to (org-)capture files for read/review?
@ 2011-02-24  9:27 Albin Stjerna
From: Albin Stjerna @ 2011-02-24  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, notmuch-org!

I'm using org-mode to structure most of my life, but I haven't been able
to incorporate my list of PDFs (or other documents) to read/review in
org-mode, so currently I'm just putting them in ~/read-review.

However, I thought I'd use org-protocol and emacsclient to add links to
these files to org-mode, but I'm unable to figure out how to do it. I'd
like to map the full path to a file, and then have that file appended to
a plain list in a given org file with the TODO tag set (something like
org-protocol:/capture:/r/path/to/filename.pdf/«.

I can then implement pushing to my read/review stack with a simple shell
command that a) moves the new file to ~/read-review and b) adds a link
to the file on my org-mode read/review stack using the above mentioned
emacsclient command.

So far, I've tried adding the following to org-capture-templates:
     ("r" "read/review" entry (file "~/org/read-review.org")
      "* TODO read %c"
      :immediate-finish t)

Obviously »%c« wrong here -- but what should I replace it with?

Thanks in advance,
  Albin

PS. Sorry if I've insufficiently R:d TFM, but I really did try.

* Re: Using org-protocol to (org-)capture files for read/review?
@ 2011-03-06 17:52 ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2011-03-06 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)