* org-agenda-to-appt interactively with multiple args?
@ 2015-02-24 12:57 Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2015-02-24 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode list

So I've been playing around with org appointments and found the org-agenda-to-appt function; but upon calling it, it loads my whole day into the appointment queue. I have various questions, such as how I can view and edit the current queue, but more importantly, I read the following as part of the doc string:

    (org-agenda-to-appt &optional REFRESH FILTER &rest ARGS)

    Activate appointments found in `org-agenda-files'.
    With a C-u prefix, refresh the list of
    appointments.

    If FILTER is t, interactively prompt the user for a regular
    expression, and filter out entries that don't match it.

    If FILTER is a string, use this string as a regular expression
    for filtering entries out.

Now, is this function not primarily meant to be called interactively? Or, after all these years in emacs, am I going to learn how to pass multiple args to an interactive function? Because the fact is, I don't always want EVERYTHING in the appointment list. I just want an alarm for those one or two things...

Sheepishly yours,
- Tory

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-02-24 12:57 UTC | newest]