* org-set-property giving error (8.2.10)
@ 2015-07-22 15:37 Stephen J. Barr
From: Stephen J. Barr @ 2015-07-22 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Greetings,

When trying to insert a property using org-set-property on one of my large
org-mode files, I get the message:

org-read-property-name: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil

However, when I start a brand new org-mode file, it works. I assume that
this is breaking because I have some incorrect syntax somewhere. Is there a
way to find out where this is?

Thanks,
-Stephen

Stephen J. Barr
PhD Student, Operations Management
Dept: Information Systems and Operations Management (ISOM)
Michael G. Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Phone:  425 516 5012
Email: stevejb@uw.edu
Twitter: @stevejb
Website: http://steve.planetbarr.com

* Re: org-set-property giving error (8.2.10)
@ 2015-07-22 16:56 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-07-22 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Stephen J. Barr" <stevejb@uw.edu> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> When trying to insert a property using org-set-property on one of my large org-mode files, I get the message:
>
> org-read-property-name: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil
>
> However, when I start a brand new org-mode file, it works. I assume that this is breaking because I have some incorrect syntax
> somewhere. Is there a way to find out where this is?

org-lint maybe - but afaik it's still on a branch "wip-lint", so you'll
have to play git games to be able to access it. And you need a fairly
modern emacs (24.3 perhaps?) for the lexical binding stuff.

See the original announcement and the resulting thread starting at

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/96989

Nick