* Bug: Error upon HTML export of LaTeX source code [8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-831-gbf93e1 @ /home/dominik/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp/)]
@ 2016-05-21 10:47 Dominik Schrempf
From: Dominik Schrempf @ 2016-05-21 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I try to export a fontified LaTeX source code listing with HTML export.
It boils down to an error that is thrown upon execution of the following
function during HTML export:

(org-html-fontify-code "\\begin{tabular}{@{} l @{}}\n\\hline\nno leading space\\\\\n\\hline\n\\end{tabular}\n" "latex")

The debugging information is:
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  expand-file-name(nil)
  reftex-TeX-master-file()
  reftex-reset-scanning-information()
  reftex-reset-mode()
  my-reftex-mode-hook()
  run-hooks(reftex-mode-hook)
  reftex-mode(t)
  turn-on-reftex()
  run-hooks(change-major-mode-after-body-hook text-mode-hook TeX-mode-hook LaTeX-mode-hook)
  apply(run-hooks (change-major-mode-after-body-hook text-mode-hook TeX-mode-hook LaTeX-mode-hook))
  TeX-run-mode-hooks(text-mode-hook TeX-mode-hook LaTeX-mode-hook)
  TeX-latex-mode()
  apply(TeX-latex-mode nil)
  latex-mode()
  org-html-fontify-code("\\begin{tabular}{@{} l @{}}\n\\hline\nno leading space\\\\\n\\hline\n\\end{tabular}\n" "latex")
  eval((org-html-fontify-code "\\begin{tabular}{@{} l @{}}\n\\hline\nno leading space\\\\\n\\hline\n\\end{tabular}\n" "latex") nil)
  eval-last-sexp-1(nil)
  eval-last-sexp(nil)
  call-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil nil)
  command-execute(eval-last-sexp)

All the best,
Dominik

* Re: Bug: Error upon HTML export of LaTeX source code [8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-831-gbf93e1 @ /home/dominik/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp/)]
@ 2016-05-23 20:09 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-05-23 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dominik Schrempf; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Dominik Schrempf <dominik.schrempf@gmail.com> writes:

> I try to export a fontified LaTeX source code listing with HTML export.
> It boils down to an error that is thrown upon execution of the following
> function during HTML export:
>
> (org-html-fontify-code "\\begin{tabular}{@{} l @{}}\n\\hline\nno leading space\\\\\n\\hline\n\\end{tabular}\n" "latex")
>
> The debugging information is:
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
>   expand-file-name(nil)
>   reftex-TeX-master-file()

I cannot reproduce the error.

I do not use reftex. However I tried to

  (add-hook 'TeX-mode-hook #'turn-on-reftex)

to no avail. This might be something in your config.

Nicolas Goaziou

@ 2016-05-28 10:34   ` Dominik Schrempf
From: Dominik Schrempf @ 2016-05-28 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

you are right.  I found the problem.  I had the following code in my
initialization file to treat latex beamer \frametitle commands as
sections.

(defun my-reftex-mode-hook ()
  "Tell reftex to treat \frametitle as section commands."
  (add-to-list 'reftex-section-levels
               '("frametitle" . 2))
  (reftex-reset-mode))
(add-hook 'reftex-mode-hook 'my-reftex-mode-hook)

It turned out that (reftex-reset-mode) broke org mode html export.  I
thought that this line was needed to make reftex aware of the newly
defined section labels but double checked now and it turns out that it
doesn't need the reset anyway.

Just so that you know the cause.

Thanks and best wishes,
Dominik