* Setupfile doesn't seem to pass pre-defined macros
@ 2019-04-28  2:25 emsenn
From: emsenn @ 2019-04-28  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hey y'all,

I've recently been playing more with Org-mode's INCLUDE and SETUPFILE features, and think I might have found a bug.

File alpha.org contains

#+MACRO: womble fribble
#+AUTHOR: muffet

File beta.org contains

#+SETUPFILE: ./alpha.org
The womble macro is {{{womble}}}

File gamma.org contains

#+SETUPFILE: ./alpha.org
The author is {{{author}}}

---

Beta exports fine, but Gamma fails, saying: Undefined org macro: author; aborting

That seems like a bug to me, but am I misusing it? The manual's section on macro replacement says that author is among a few "pre-defined" macros: https://orgmode.org/manual/Macro-replacement.html

If I define author in a file, the macro work. If I INCLUDE Alpha it works too. But not if I use SETUPFILE.

Thanks for your time,
emsenn

* Re: Setupfile doesn't seem to pass pre-defined macros
@ 2019-04-29 18:49 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2019-04-29 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emsenn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

emsenn <emsenn@emsenn.net> writes:

> I've recently been playing more with Org-mode's INCLUDE and SETUPFILE features, and think I might have found a bug.
>
> File alpha.org contains
>
> #+MACRO: womble fribble
> #+AUTHOR: muffet
>

> File beta.org contains
>
> #+SETUPFILE: ./alpha.org
> The womble macro is {{{womble}}}
>

> File gamma.org contains
>
> #+SETUPFILE: ./alpha.org
> The author is {{{author}}}
>
> ---
>
> Beta exports fine, but Gamma fails, saying: Undefined org macro: author; aborting
>
> That seems like a bug to me, but am I misusing it? The manual's
> section on macro replacement says that author is among a few
> "pre-defined" macros:
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Macro-replacement.html
>
> If I define author in a file, the macro work. If I INCLUDE Alpha it
> works too. But not if I use SETUPFILE.

Fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou