* Linking/referencing static HTML
@ 2010-02-18  1:09 Zachary Young
From: Zachary Young @ 2010-02-18  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I've looked around at the orgmode and org babel manuals, and I am still not
sure that I want to do is possible...

I have an HTML file that is an e-mail signature that I use. Up to now I've
had copies of the HTML in couple of template ORG files, like so:

#+BEGIN_HTML
  signature and corporate disclamer stuff
#+END_HTML

This has been working, but again, I have the exact same HTML copied in 5
different files, which means 5 separate edits for any changes.

I just tried:

#+BEGIN_HTML
  <iframe src="signature.html"/>
#+END_HTML

but getting the CSS right has been challenging.

Is there any way to make orgmode insert a the contents of file during
export?

Thank you,
Zach

* Re: Linking/referencing static HTML
@ 2010-02-18  1:24 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-02-18  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zachary Young; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Zachary Young <zacharysyoung@gmail.com> writes:

> I've looked around at the orgmode and org babel manuals, and I am still
> not sure that I want to do is possible...
>
> I have an HTML file that is an e-mail signature that I use. Up to now
> I've had copies of the HTML in couple of template ORG files, like so:
>
> #+BEGIN_HTML
>   signature and corporate disclamer stuff
> #+END_HTML
>
> This has been working, but again, I have the exact same HTML copied in
> 5 different files, which means 5 separate edits for any changes.

You could put the snippet above into a file called signature.org and
then place a line such as the following wherever you want the signature
to appear:

#+INCLUDE: /path/to/signature.org

Best,
Matt