* Using square brackets in the description part of a link?
@ 2010-02-18  9:35 Adam
From: Adam @ 2010-02-18  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Everyone

I would like to use square brackets in the description part of a
link, something like:

[[http://www.google.com][Google [12345] Link]]

to appear as:

Google [12345] Link

Is this possible? I have looked for escape characters, but have
been unable to find any.

I'm using org-mode version 6.26d on emacs 23.0.60.1

Thanks
Jeff

P.S. Thanks to Carsten and everyone else for making just a great
piece of software.

* Re: Using square brackets in the description part of a link?
@ 2010-02-18 11:55 ` Łukasz Stelmach
From: Łukasz Stelmach @ 2010-02-18 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Adam" <thatfatguy@fastmail.fm> writes:

> I would like to use square brackets in the description part of a
> link, something like:
>
> [[http://www.google.com][Google [12345] Link]]
>
> to appear as:
>
> Google [12345] Link
>
> Is this possible? I have looked for escape characters, but have
> been unable to find any.

As far as I've seen org generating descriptions from pieces of text with
square brackets, it always substitutes them with curly ones. So you'd
get

  Google {12345} link

--
Miłego dnia,