* Bug: export [7.8.11]
@ 2012-06-12  1:22 Edward N. Lewis
From: Edward N. Lewis @ 2012-06-12  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

--text follows this line--

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.
The export commands c-c c-e d (org-export-to-pdf-and-open) as well as
c-c c-e h (org-export-to-html-and-open) do not work as expected.
The former does generate a LaTeX and a pdf file as expected, but the pdf
file does not spontaneously open. The latter does generate an html file as
expected,
but the html file does not spontaneously open.
FWIW, under standard LaTeX in emacs, the view pdf function works fine
and as expected.
I suspect this relates to an undocumented setting or (less likely) to a
bug in emacs org-mode.
I am running Fedora 16 (emacs 23) on one machine and Fedora 17 (emacs 24) on
another
machine. Both machines exhibit identical behaviour.
FWIW, I recall these functions working under Ubuntu 10.04 with its
(older) standard emacs with org-mode setup.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.0.95.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-04-06 on x86-13.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Package: Org-mode version 7.8.11

current state:
==============
(setq
 org-export-preprocess-before-selecting-backend-code-hook
'(org-beamer-select-beamer-code)
 org-tab-first-hook '(org-hide-block-toggle-maybe
        org-src-native-tab-command-maybe
        org-babel-hide-result-toggle-maybe)
 org-speed-command-hook '(org-speed-command-default-hook
     org-babel-speed-command-hook)
 org-occur-hook '(org-first-headline-recenter)
 org-metaup-hook '(org-babel-load-in-session-maybe)
 org-export-preprocess-before-normalizing-links-hook
'(org-remove-file-link-modifiers)
 org-confirm-shell-link-function 'yes-or-no-p
 org-export-latex-final-hook '(org-beamer-amend-header org-beamer-fix-toc
          org-beamer-auto-fragile-frames
          org-beamer-place-default-actions-for-lists)
 org-file-apps '(("\\.odc\\'" . system) ("\\.odf\\'" . system)
   ("\\.odi\\'" . system) ("\\.otp\\'" . system)
   ("\\.odp\\'" . system) ("\\.otg\\'" . system)
   ("\\.odg\\'" . system) ("\\.ots\\'" . system)
   ("\\.ods\\'" . system) ("\\.odm\\'" . system)
   ("\\.ott\\'" . system) ("\\.odt\\'" . system)
   (auto-mode . emacs) ("\\.mm\\'" . default)
   ("\\.x?html?\\'" . default) ("\\.pdf\\'" . default))
 org-export-latex-after-initial-vars-hook '(org-beamer-after-initial-vars)
 org-use-sub-superscripts '{}
 org-after-todo-state-change-hook '(org-clock-out-if-current)
 org-src-mode-hook '(org-src-babel-configure-edit-buffer
       org-src-mode-configure-edit-buffer)
 org-agenda-before-write-hook '(org-agenda-add-entry-text)
 org-babel-pre-tangle-hook '(save-buffer)
 org-mode-hook '(#[nil
     "\305\x10\306 >\203\x14

Edward N. Lewis, PE
P.O. Box 611
Worthington, MA  01098-0611
+1 (413) 238-0109
USA
ed.lewis.@enlewis.com

* Re: Bug: export [7.8.11]
@ 2012-06-13 15:09 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2012-06-13 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edward N. Lewis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Edward N. Lewis" <ed.lewis@enlewis.com> writes:

> --text follows this line--
>
> Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
> what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See
>
>      http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback
>
> Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.
> The export commands c-c c-e d (org-export-to-pdf-and-open) as well as
> c-c c-e h (org-export-to-html-and-open) do not work as expected.
> The former does generate a LaTeX and a pdf file as expected, but the pdf
> file does not spontaneously open. The latter does generate an html file as
> expected,
> but the html file does not spontaneously open.

I assume you meant C-c C-e b for the HTML case?

Anyway, you might check out

,----[ C-h v org-file-apps RET ]

`----

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.1.50.1 and Org release_7.8.11-69-ga2fd96