* math in footnotes not exported correctly when a buffer is narrowed
@ 2015-05-18 19:38 Mark Edgington
From: Mark Edgington @ 2015-05-18 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've noticed a bug in org-mode's LaTeX exporting of footnotes when a
buffer is narrowed to a particular section.  To reproduce, try to
export the following org-file to a LaTeX document, and inspect the
resulting LaTeX code -- it will have stripped the math environment off
of "\tau_s":

* Test Section
Here we test whether the footnote is exported correctly [1].  Be sure to narrow
the buffer to this section only before doing a LaTeX export.
* Footnotes
[1] $\tau_s$ is blah blah blah.

Let me know if there's a workaround for this (apart from just "don't
narrow the buffer").  Thanks!

Regards,

Mark

* Re: math in footnotes not exported correctly when a buffer is narrowed
@ 2015-05-18 20:44 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-05-18 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

QUIT
POST

Mark Edgington <edgimar@gmail.com> writes:

> Let me know if there's a workaround for this (apart from just "don't
> narrow the buffer").  Thanks!

It was fixed a while ago in master.  Are you using 8.2?

Rasmus

--
Together we'll stand, divided we'll fall

* Re: math in footnotes not exported correctly when a buffer is narrowed
@ 2015-05-19 16:04   ` Mark Edgington
From: Mark Edgington @ 2015-05-19 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus <at> gmx.us> writes:

> It was fixed a while ago in master.  Are you using 8.2?

Oh, I thought I was using something more recent, since the version was named
"8.3beta", but apparently that's old.  Thanks!

A slight digression:  I noticed, when cloning the git repo, that the current
repo size is around 67 MB.  That seems somewhat large for a repo consisting
primarily of source code (when all the source compresses to under 3MB).
Have there been discussions about splitting the repository so that older
content is relegated to a 'historic' repo?  Also, org.el is nearly 1MB in
size, which is crazy -- maybe it could use some splitting also!

* Re: math in footnotes not exported correctly when a buffer is narrowed
@ 2015-05-19 16:31     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-05-19 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Mark Edgington <edgimar@gmail.com> writes:

> Rasmus <rasmus <at> gmx.us> writes:
>>
>> It was fixed a while ago in master.  Are you using 8.2?
>

> Oh, I thought I was using something more recent, since the version was named
> "8.3beta", but apparently that's old.  Thanks!

8.3beta is the name used for master.  If your version of Org is up to date
you should not see this problem.

> Also, org.el is nearly 1MB in size, which is crazy -- maybe it could use
> some splitting also!

Patches are welcome of course.

Thanks,
Rasmus