* Bug: org-git-link to use SHA1 instead of master@{date} [9.1.13 (9.1.13-elpaplus @ /home/kvaneesh/.emacs.d/elpa/develop/org-plus-contrib-20180702/)]
@ 2018-07-11  5:43 Aneesh Kumar K.V
From: Aneesh Kumar K.V @ 2018-07-11  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

So my old org file when following git links is giving me error like

"Log for master only goes back to 'x' date". Can we not refer a link
via git:/filename::sha1::<linenumber> ?

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-06-26
Package: Org mode version 9.1.13 (9.1.13-elpaplus @ /home/kvaneesh/.emacs.d/elpa/develop/org-plus-contrib-20180702/)

* Re: Bug: org-git-link to use SHA1 instead of master@{date} [9.1.13 (9.1.13-elpaplus @ /home/kvaneesh/.emacs.d/elpa/develop/org-plus-contrib-20180702/)]
  2018-07-11  5:43 Bug: org-git-link to use SHA1 instead of master@{date} [9.1.13 (9.1.13-elpaplus @ /home/kvaneesh/.emacs.d/elpa/develop/org-plus-contrib-20180702/)] Aneesh Kumar K.V
@ 2018-07-11 15:39 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2018-07-11 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

aneesh.kumar@linux.vnet.ibm.com (Aneesh Kumar K.V) writes:

> So my old org file when following git links is giving me error like
>
> "Log for master only goes back to 'x' date". Can we not refer a link
> via git:/filename::sha1::<linenumber> ?

AFAIK, there is no support for git links in Org mode. Perhaps you have
installed an extension? There is an org-git-link.el in contrib/. Is
that perhaps what you are using? If so, it might have bit-rotted a bit
and might need some TLC to bring it up to snuff (the contrib/ stuff is
just that: it's not part of Org mode proper, although the fact that
the code is immediately available often - but *NOT* always - means
that somebody will take a look and patch it.)

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler