* Problem while spell-checking an Org document
@ 2019-07-04 14:33 Shérab
From: Shérab @ 2019-07-04 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear friends,

I have started to write a reference manual for a tool using Org.

When I run ispell on it, I would expect that the subtree containing an
error gets expanded but that does not seem to be the case. As far as I
can tell, point remains on the root title of the subtree containing the
error and that subtree remains folded. I did lookup the documentation
for both org-mode and ispell in emacs but couldn't find the response,
neither could I solve the problems by looking up the Internet.

Any help would thus be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Shérab.

* Re: Problem while spell-checking an Org document
@ 2019-07-04 17:01 ` Bingo
From: Bingo @ 2019-07-04 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, Shérab

Le 4 juillet 2019 20:03:06 GMT+05:30, "Shérab" <Sebastien.Hinderer@ens-lyon.org> a écrit :
>Dear friends,
>
>I have started to write a reference manual for a tool using Org.
>
>When I run ispell on it, I would expect that the subtree containing an
>error gets expanded but that does not seem to be the case. As far as I
>can tell, point remains on the root title of the subtree containing the
>error and that subtree remains folded. I did lookup the documentation
>for both org-mode and ispell in emacs but couldn't find the response,
>neither could I solve the problems by looking up the Internet.
>
>Any help would thus be greatly appreciated.
>
>Many thanks in advance,
>
>Shérab.

I don't think there is any provision for expanding subtrees with errors. But you could :
1. Go to next/previous error using flyspell's functions.
2. Org-reveal to see what is there. Typical key binding is C-c C-r.

Thanks

* Re: Problem while spell-checking an Org document
@ 2019-07-05  9:25   ` Shérab
From: Shérab @ 2019-07-05  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

Many thanks for your prompt response!

Bingo (2019/07/04 22:31 +0530):
> I don't think there is any provision for expanding subtrees with errors. But you could :
> 1. Go to next/previous error using flyspell's functions.
> 2. Org-reveal to see what is there. Typical key binding is C-c C-r.

I will experiment with these solutions, thanks!

I have to say I am kind of surprised that people do not seem to
encounter this issue and I am thus wondering what their workflow is.

One possibility would be that org-mode sets up a hook to expand all the
subtrees prior to running the spellcheck and then restores the
previous state once spell checking is done. Would this seem reasonable?
And if so, would it seeem a doable thing?

Thanks,

@ 2019-07-07 12:18     ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2019-07-07 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Friday,  5 Jul 2019 at 11:25, Shérab wrote:
> I have to say I am kind of surprised that people do not seem to
> encounter this issue and I am thus wondering what their workflow is.

I use flyspell so that my spelling is checked while I type.  I seldom,
if ever, do any post-writing spell checking.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.4-379-g1b74ae