* Non-interactively filter the agenda using tags?
@ 2020-11-11 14:46 o.rojon
From: o.rojon @ 2020-11-11 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello everyone,

I hope I'm not asking something that has been answered 100 times, I made
a search to ensure nothing extremely obious slipped under the radar (I
also asked on IRC).

I know that when you are in the agenda view that displays appointments,
it is possible to interactively filter in order to take into account a
specific tag (inclusive or exclusive). However, I would like to make an
agenda view which does this non-interactively.

Essentially, what I would love to have at my disposal is to have
something like the MATCH you have in (tags-todo MATCH ...) for agenda -
because as of yet, this seems to be impossible. I have tried to look for
different variables and/or functions but couldn't find anything that
matches.

Am I overlooking something obvious? If so, feel free to point me to
solutions so I can do my homework properly ;-)

Greetings, have a good day,
Olivier

* Re: Non-interactively filter the agenda using tags?
@ 2020-11-11 19:44 ` Justin Abrahms
From: Justin Abrahms @ 2020-11-11 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I think you're looking for org-super-agenda[0]. This is how I'm using it
in my own emacs config.

```
(use-package org-super-agenda
  :init (setq org-super-agenda-groups
              '(
                (:priority "A" :name "High priority")
                (:auto-property "WAITING_ON" :log t)

                ;; by project (more specific first)
                (:name "mobile opex" :tag "mobile")
                (:name "glass" :tag "glass")
                (:name "opex" :tag "opex")
                (:name "writing" :tag "writing")

                ;; normal priority
                (:name "Misc" :not (:priority "A"))))
  :config (org-super-agenda-mode 1))
```

[0]: https://github.com/alphapapa/org-super-agenda

@ 2020-11-12  2:23 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2020-11-12  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: o.rojon, emacs-orgmode

You can try org-agenda-filter-preset, though it will apply to all the
agenda view, not just (agenda ...) block.

Also, there is always org-agenda-skip-function.

Best,
Ihor