* Internal linking in org-mode opens tags table
@ 2022-11-02 12:04 Nathan Furnal
From: Nathan Furnal @ 2022-11-02 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi all,

I'm using the latest snapshot of org-mode and internal linking seems to fail. When visting an internal link, the tags table is opened instead of simply going to the place in the file which the link points to.

To reproduce, just open an org file:

* Hello

Link to [[*Hello]]

Cheers,

Nathan

* Re: Internal linking in org-mode opens tags table
@ 2022-11-02 12:15 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-11-02 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Furnal; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Nathan Furnal <nathan_furnal@hotmail.com> writes:

> I'm using the latest snapshot of org-mode and internal linking seems to fail. When visting an internal link, the tags table is opened instead of simply going to the place in the file which the link points to.
>
> To reproduce, just open an org file:
>
> * Hello
>
> Link to [[*Hello]]

I created a file containing

-----
* Hello

Link to [[*Hello]]
-----

Then I ran make repro in the main branch of the latest Org

I opened the file

I put the point at the link and pressed C-c C-o.

The point correctly jumps to * Hello heading.

I cannot reproduce the issue.

Can you try to repeat the steps I described?
Also, see https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,