* Summarize a list of work for school
@ 2024-03-10  7:54 Sébastien Gendre
From: Sébastien Gendre @ 2024-03-10  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

Hello,

I want to use Org-mode to track the works I have to do for school.

For each course, I have a one file in which I write everything about the
course. Including the work I have to do, with it's deadline and
other information.

And I need a view which summarize all the works to do and display
information with these columns:

- Name of the work
- Percentage done
- Deadline date and time
- Importance

I was thinking of using a custom agenda view, but by default the columns
are fixed. And activating the column view in agenda can cause issues, if
I read correctly the manual.

Do you have any suggestion ?

Best regards

* Re: Summarize a list of work for school
@ 2024-03-11 11:53 ` Malik
From: Malik @ 2024-03-11 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am also thinking about a good org-agenda configuration.
Your usecase sounds good.

What do you mean about the fixed columns and about what issues are you thinking?

@ 2024-03-11 12:42   ` Sébastien Gendre
From: Sébastien Gendre @ 2024-03-11 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Malik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

When you display a list of tasks in Org-agenda, you have these columns:

- Category
- Status
- Task title
- Tags

But what I need in my list of work for school is:
- Task title
- Importance
- Deadline date and time
- Name of the work

@ 2024-03-13 13:35     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-03-13 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Gendre; +Cc: Malik, emacs-orgmode

Sébastien Gendre <seb@k-7.ch> writes:

> When you display a list of tasks in Org-agenda, you have these columns:
>
> - Category
> - Status
> - Task title
> - Tags
>
> But what I need in my list of work for school is:
> - Task title
> - Importance
> - Deadline date and time
> - Name of the work

Check out 11.8 Using Column View in the Agenda section of Org manual.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,