* Worglets without dependencies
@ 2009-03-07 23:17 Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-03-07 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode Org-Mode

For everyone who's interested in fast access to the sources of published
online contents (not restricted to, but geard for Org-mode):

There is now an elisp version of org-worglet, now called worglet.el,
online for testing:

   http://github.com/SebastianRose/worglet/tree/master

I rewrote the stuff in elisp to get rid of external dependencies
(zenity, bash scripts...).

NEWS:

  * Only _one_ bookmark and protocol handler required (Firefox/Opera)!
    The projects are destinguished through base URI.

  * You can now customize `worglets-alist' to add/remove projects. This
    is painless, since you never have to adjust protocol handler and
    bookmarks anymore.

  * You might even open arbitrary sources of published online content,
    as long as the relative paths match, online and locally (e.g. open
    code files while browsing the docs).

It's tested in emacs23 and works.
I'd appreciate any testing and bug reporting, so we can make it
production ready as soon as possible (I found no more bugs here).

I'd also be happy if anyone with better elisp skills than me could look
through it.

Also, I'm shure we could reuse worglet.el to get rid of the shell
scripts for org-annotation-helper and org-browser-url too.

Best regards,

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover
Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-03-07 23:14 UTC | newest]