* Org and XeTeX?
@ 2010-04-22 15:58 Ross A. Laird
From: Ross A. Laird @ 2010-04-22 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I use XeTeX, mostly (rather than LaTeX), and I'm wondering if it might
be possible to use XeTeX with org. XeTeX requires a few special lines in
the header of the document, but after these lines it operates the same
as LaTeX. For my setup, the extra lines typically look like this:

\TeXXeTstate=1
\usepackage{fontspec,xunicode}
\defaultfontfeatures{Numbers=OldStyle,Scale=MatchLowercase,Mapping=tex-text}
\setmainfont{Sabon LT Std}
\setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Sabon LT Std}
\setsansfont[Scale=MatchUppercase]{Myriad Pro}

Can org be set up to use the XeTeX engine with the above variables? I've
looked at org-export-latex-classes, and it seems like I can insert the
above code into that variable -- but can org use the setup?

Ross

--
Ross A. Laird, PhD
www.rosslaird.com

* Org and XeTeX?
@ 2010-04-22 16:00 Ross A. Laird
From: Ross A. Laird @ 2010-04-22 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[...]

@ 2010-04-22 16:10 Ross Laird
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ross Laird @ 2010-04-22 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I mostly use XeTeX (rather than LaTeX). Can Org be setup to use the XeTeX
engine? I've looked at the variable org-export-latex-classes (as well as
org-export-latex-package-alist), and it looks like I can insert the
XeTeX-specific code:

   \TeXXeTstate=1
   \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode}
   \defaultfontfeatures{Numbers=OldStyle,Scale=MatchLowercase,Mapping=tex-text}
   \setmainfont{Sabon LT Std}
   \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Sabon LT Std}
   \setsansfont[Scale=MatchUppercase]{Myriad Pro}
   \usepackage{xltxtra}

But can Org use XeTeX? The command is "xelatex" rather than "latex".

Ross

--
Ross A. Laird, PhD
www.rosslaird.com