* Release 8.2.2
@ 2013-11-08  8:58 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-08  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I've just released Org 8.2.2, a bugfix release.

Thanks all for your contributions!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Release 8.2.2
@ 2013-11-09 16:07 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2013-11-09 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> I've just released Org 8.2.2, a bugfix release.
>
> Thanks all for your contributions!

Thank you Carsten, Nicholas, Bastien and Eric and everyone else for
their continued efforts.

–Rasmus

--
C is for Cookie

* Re: Release 8.2.2
@ 2013-11-09 16:56 ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2013-11-09 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I've just released Org 8.2.2, a bugfix release.
>
> Thanks all for your contributions!

Thank you, Bastien.

Will Org 8.2.2 be merged into the development trunk of Emacs?  Or, is
the proper way to keep up with Org-mode through the ELPA?  (Please
forgive if this has been mentioned on-list already---though I try to
keep up).

When I updated Org by way of ELPA, I started getting backtraces like
this when syncing with MobileOrg:

org-refresh-category-properties: Invalid function:
org-with-silent-modifications

... and forgive this, too, but I haven't been able to get new Org
changes since 7.9-something.

* Re: Release 8.2.2
@ 2013-11-09 19:49   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-09 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Sieger; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sean,

Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> writes:

> Will Org 8.2.2 be merged into the development trunk of Emacs?

Yes, this is the plan -- but I need a few hours for this task, it's
not easy to get them in a raw.

> Or, is the proper way to keep up with Org-mode through the ELPA?

My preferred way is to install from git.

When you install from git you need to run

~$ make

or

~$ make autoloads

and to put org-mode/lisp in your load-path.

You can install/update from ELPA, but you need to do this from an
Emacs session where you did *not* load Org.  See the installation
instructions in the manual.

> (Please forgive if this has been mentioned on-list already---though
> I try to keep up).
>
> When I updated Org by way of ELPA, I started getting backtraces like
> this when syncing with MobileOrg:
>
> org-refresh-category-properties: Invalid function:
> org-with-silent-modifications

Yes, that's frequent problem when upgrading from ELPA.

> ... and forgive this, too, but I haven't been able to get new Org
> changes since 7.9-something.

Hope you'll enjoy a fresh Org soon :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: Release 8.2.2
@ 2013-11-09 20:00     ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2013-11-09 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hope you'll enjoy a fresh Org soon :)

I will, Bastien, thank you for your quick and thorough response.