* patch for ob-sql and postgresql for supporting :colnames
@ 2014-01-08 12:58 Joost Helberg
From: Joost Helberg @ 2014-01-08 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode

hi,

the :colnames header argument is not honoured for postgresql. Hence the
following patch for ob-sql.el. The command-line tool psql supports the
option -t for not displaying column-names. The default behavious is not
changed with this patch.

126,127c126
<                                 "psql --set=\"ON_ERROR_STOP=1\" %s -A -P footer=off -F \"\t\"  -f %s -o %s %s"
<                                   (if colnames-p "" "-t")
---
>                                 "psql --set=\"ON_ERROR_STOP=1\" -A -P footer=off -F \"\t\"  -f %s -o %s %s"

Can anyone suggest to me why this should not be in ob-sql.el? It is
already implemented for the mysql engine (via -N).

regards,

Joost

--
Snow B.V.        http://snow.nl

* Re: patch for ob-sql and postgresql for supporting :colnames
@ 2014-01-08 16:58 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2014-01-08 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joost Helberg; +Cc: Org-Mode

Applied, thanks.

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: patch for ob-sql and postgresql for supporting :colnames
@ 2014-02-03 13:11   ` Joost Helberg
From: Joost Helberg @ 2014-02-03 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: Org-Mode

Eric,

it's not in org-plus-contrib-20140203. Was it lost somehow (also my fix
for stopping on error is not in)?

regards,

Joost

--
Snow B.V.

* Re: patch for ob-sql and postgresql for supporting :colnames
@ 2014-02-03 14:54     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-02-03 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joost Helberg; +Cc: Org-Mode, Eric Schulte

Hi Joost,

Joost Helberg <joost@snow.nl> writes:

> it's not in org-plus-contrib-20140203. Was it lost somehow (also my fix
> for stopping on error is not in)?

The change you suggested is in the master branch, not in the maint
branch, which is for bugfixes only.  IMO the change is more a feature
enhancement than a bugfix, hence the fact it's in master.  Also, we
are more strict with "bugfixes" right now because all our fixes
will go into Emacs 24.4, which is in feature freeze right now.

--
 Bastien

* Re: patch for ob-sql and postgresql for supporting :colnames
@ 2014-02-04 10:04       ` Joost Helberg
From: Joost Helberg @ 2014-02-04 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org-Mode, Eric Schulte

Bastien,