* Possible bug, installing outshine before outorg
@ 2014-10-09 23:55 Brady Trainor
From: Brady Trainor @ 2014-10-09 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Newb bug report:

I think if I have a brand new Emacs setup, installing org with an "emacs
-q", then installing outshine.el (all with built-in package manager),
that there is some problems created, possibly because of outorg to
install (IIRC, a "silent-notifications" type of problem).

If I start over (deleting ".emacs.d/elpa/" contents) and install org,
then outorg, then outshine, the problem I think is resolved.

Can anyone confirm?

--
Brady

* Re: Possible bug, installing outshine before outorg
@ 2014-10-10  9:03 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-10-10  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Brady Trainor <algebrat@uw.edu> writes:

Hi,

> Newb bug report:

> I think if I have a brand new Emacs setup, installing org with an "emacs
> -q", then installing outshine.el (all with built-in package manager),
> that there is some problems created, possibly because of outorg to
> install (IIRC, a "silent-notifications" type of problem).
>
> If I start over (deleting ".emacs.d/elpa/" contents) and install org,
> then outorg, then outshine, the problem I think is resolved.
>
> Can anyone confirm?

hmm ... not sure if I understand the problem, but since Outshine 2.0 now
has the 'outshine-use-outorg' facility to call Org-mode commands
directly in well-structured (outshine) source-code buffers, it does
depend on both - outline-mode and org-mode.

Sometimes a simple action like an Emacs restart solves such problems,
i.e. you could try to first install org-mode, then restart Emacs, then
install outshine. Since outline-mode and org-mode are in Emacs core,
I've never seen this problem.

--
cheers,
Thorsten