* [Org-Caldav] Trouble connecting to a caldav server other Google calendar
@ 2015-03-13 14:11 Charles-H. Schulz
From: Charles-H. Schulz @ 2015-03-13 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm using the KolabNow service for emails and groupware. As I'm in the
process of transitioning my email and groupware on Emacs, I was
interested by org-caldav, and KolabNow claims that their CalDAV calendar
can integrate with org-mode through org-caldav (
https://kolabnow.com/clients/emacs ). So far their suggestions and docs
pointed me to right thing (TM) but with org-caldav that is not the case.

Looking a bit into the files, I realized the package itself has the
default configuration set on Google Calendar. I had to adapt it a bit to
fit KolabNow as the link above describes it. Still after running a M-x
org-caldav-sync I will get the following error message that "URL of the
kolabnow calendar server" does not seem to accept DAV requests. I
tinkered a bit with the authentification credentials but I'm running out
of ideas. Browsing this list's archives I did find, however, that a few
other people had problems outside Google Calendar.

Feedback / Help appreciated.

Charles-H. Schulz
http://www.standardsandfreedom.net

* Re: [Org-Caldav] Trouble connecting to a caldav server other Google calendar
@ 2015-03-13 14:25 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-03-13 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Charles-H. Schulz" <chs@adocentyn.io> writes:

> Looking a bit into the files, I realized the package itself has the
> default configuration set on Google Calendar. I had to adapt it a bit
> to fit KolabNow as the link above describes it. Still after running a
> M-x
> org-caldav-sync I will get the following error message that "URL of
> the kolabnow calendar server" does not seem to accept DAV requests. I
> tinkered a bit with the authentification credentials but I'm running
> out of ideas. Browsing this list's archives I did find, however, that
> a few other people had problems outside Google Calendar.

So you are not using the correct URL...  You might also have to set
org-caldav-calendar-id to a correct value.

If you have an Android phone you could try Davidroid from F-Droid.  As I
recall, it's pretty good at discovering webdav sources (but it's a long
time since I set it up so this could be completely wrong).

—Rasmus

--
Er du tosset for noge' lårt!

* Re: [Org-Caldav] Trouble connecting to a caldav server other Google calendar
@ 2015-03-13 14:28 ` Alexis
From: Alexis @ 2015-03-13 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2015-03-14T01:11:35+1100, Charles-H. Schulz <chs@adocentyn.io>
said:

 CS> Browsing this list's archives I did find, however, that a
 CS> few other people had problems outside Google Calendar.

Perhaps this might be of use?

https://github.com/dengste/org-caldav/issues/45#issuecomment-68527518

(i've not yet tried it, myself, though i hope to get to doing so
in the near future ....)

There might also be a connection with this Emacs issue:

Alexis.