* [ox-ascii, bug?] different spacing between title & author
@ 2015-03-20 23:05 Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-03-20 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Newlines behave differently when using utf8 and other encodings,
e.g. between the top line and the title (which is fine), but also between
title and author, which I dislike a lot.  I don't know if this is a
features.

Example:
#+title: title
#+author: author

utf8 output with 2 newlines between title and author and no line between
top line and title.

				━━━━━━━━
				 TITLE

				 author
				━━━━━━━━

Ascii output with a single newline between title and author.  Much nicer.

				________

				 TITLE

				 author
				________

—Rasmus

--
This is the kind of tedious nonsense up with which I will not put

* Re: [ox-ascii, bug?] different spacing between title & author
@ 2015-03-22 14:21 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-03-22 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Newlines behave differently when using utf8 and other encodings,
> e.g. between the top line and the title (which is fine), but also between
> title and author, which I dislike a lot.  I don't know if this is a
> features.
>
> Example:
> #+title: title
> #+author: author
>
> utf8 output with 2 newlines between title and author and no line between
> top line and title.
>
> 				━━━━━━━━
> 				 TITLE
>

> 				 author
> 				━━━━━━━━
>

> Ascii output with a single newline between title and author.  Much nicer.
>
> 				________
>
> 				 TITLE
>
> 				 author
> 				________

Fixed in 51b206bcd2676a3f46cbb89e6ac35d3a04ea70b5. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou