* How to execute calc commands in src blocks?
@ 2015-08-10  1:22 jenia.ivlev
From: jenia.ivlev @ 2015-08-10  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello.

I want to use calc in org src-blocks. But it doesnt always work.
Here is an example that does work:

  #+BEGIN_SRC calc
  3
  2
  '+
  #+END_SRC

  #+RESULTS:
  6

Here is another example where it doesn't work:

  #+BEGIN_SRC calc
  [3 2]
  [2 10]
  '+
  #+END_SRC

This doesn't work at all. It tells me "Invalid data object encoutered".

Can someone please tell me how to make the second exaple work?
And also, how do I assign a value to a variable maybe someone knows?

Thanks
Jenia

* Re: How to execute calc commands in src blocks?
@ 2015-08-11  9:18 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-08-11  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jenia.ivlev; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sunday,  9 Aug 2015 at 21:22, jenia.ivlev wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I want to use calc in org src-blocks. But it doesnt always work.

I've usually found that calc in org babel works best in algebraic mode
as opposed to stack mode:

> Here is another example where it doesn't work:
>
>   #+BEGIN_SRC calc
>   [3 2]
>   [2 10]
>   '+
>   #+END_SRC

Try

  #+BEGIN_SRC calc
    [3,2] + [2,10]
  #+END_SRC

instead.  Stack mode is best for interactive use but really has few
benefits for non-interactive use, in my experience.  And I say this as a
fervent HP calculator user for <mumble> decades... :-)

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.1-34-gb911f1