* table.el orgmode export html or latex use table-generate-source
@ 2016-04-06 13:24 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2016-04-06 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hi

It is great that in orgmode I can edit tables, which are controlled by
table.el, since table.el for example allows to split and joins cells,
which org-table does not.

However when I try to export a org file with a table controlled by
table.el I run into a problem. I have to convert it to a org-table and
in this process things like splitting cells are lost.

So could org-export not call table-generate-source for either latex or
html export?

regards

Uwe Brauer

* Re: table.el orgmode export html or latex use table-generate-source
@ 2016-04-06 19:31 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-04-06 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> However when I try to export a org file with a table controlled by
> table.el I run into a problem. I have to convert it to a org-table and
> in this process things like splitting cells are lost.

Why do you have to do that? Could you show an ECM?

> So could org-export not call table-generate-source for either latex or
> html export?

I am confused. Isn't `table-generate-source' the export function
provided by "table.el" to handle its tables specifically?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: table.el orgmode export html or latex use table-generate-source
@ 2016-04-06 20:29   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2016-04-06 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "Nicolas" == Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:

    > Hello,
    > Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

    >> However when I try to export a org file with a table controlled by
    >> table.el I run into a problem. I have to convert it to a org-table and
    >> in this process things like splitting cells are lost.

    > Why do you have to do that? Could you show an ECM?

Now I am confused, I tried again and the conversion seems to work, I
will play around more and see whether I will run into a problem. Sorry
for the noise.

Uwe